M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My reservoir is right at L when cold so I'm going to top it off tonight.  Anyone have any suggestion on a particular brand or type of coolant to use?  I have some GM Dexcool approved coolant that I use for both my cars.  It says its fine for all aluminum radiators.

·
Registered
906 Posts
CAUTION !!!!

Dex-Cool DOES NOT mix with most other coolants and Gels in the system. Unless you know EXACTLY what coolant is in the system, I would go back to the dealer.

From what I understand from a GM Account I have, the Dex-Cool has problems gelling with even air getting into the system.

I sell a great Anti-Freeze... but it is Damn Expensive at over $20.00 gallon and the freight is on top of that too...

Bob

·
Registered
37 Posts
Does anyone have any thoughts on Red Line Water Wetter? It is supposed to lower coolant temps. I have used it in all of my vehicles and it reallyseems to help keep the cars cool in the summer. Thoughts?

Later,
Krazydiver

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
when I change all my bikes coolant I run Engine Ice. It is available at Cycle Gear and it is made with bikes in mind. It is $19.99 per half gallon but is ready to go out of the bottle and has the same chemistry as  Water Wetter as far as keeping over all temps lower but it does protect from freezing which Water Wetter does not. I have not checked the capacity of the M109's cooling system but on most of my other bikes a half gallon does the job.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts