M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you that recall I had the reoccuring coolant leak that was supposedly a cracked head......

End result was that either the base gasket was bad and/or the bottom edge of the cyl. that rests on the gasket did not have a completely smooth surface. This was discovered after the loose hose was corrected. Suzuki replaced the whole jug and gasket and everything inside. No more leaks, bike runs great, just put the JSD on and am enjoying the heck out of it.

·
Registered
171 Posts
b said:
For those of you that recall I had the reoccuring coolant leak that was supposedly a cracked head......

End result was that either the base gasket was bad and/or the bottom edge of the cyl. that rests on the gasket did not have a completely smooth surface. This was discovered after the loose hose was corrected. Suzuki replaced the whole jug and gasket and everything inside. No more leaks, bike runs great, just put the JSD on and am enjoying the heck out of it.
I recently had my bike in for service for a coolant leak that was a loose hose or clamp. They mentioned nothing of a "recall" and Suzuki has sent me nothing about a recall. It can't be a recall if Suzuki does not send you anything, right? I mean, a few of my cars in the past, those manufacturers always send me something in the mail which explicitly told me to go to a dealer to get it fixed.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I believe the dealer gets service bulletins which are short of a recall but tell the dealer what to do when a particular problem arrises. :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
4,743 Posts

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
How did you even find this???:eek:

Normally I try not to do this, but...
**Cough***
:eek:ldpost:
Just going from as far back as i can some of the links died with the old site but ppl ask.:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts