M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently fixed a coolant leak from the hose that went from the cylinder to the thermostat and water pump, but now the led turns on and off when riding after an hour.

The reservoir of coolant was full so I didn't add more coolant, the fan is turning on, but I don't see the system is taking the in the reservoir coolant and then the leds come on.

Also the air from the fan is coming out cold, not hot as it used to be when it was working properly.

I check for codes for a damage sensor and nada, any insight you can share on the subject I will greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Sounds like maybe an air pocket to me.. Did you burp the system per the manuals recommendations? Maybe a frozen shut thermostat(most are made to fail open) or bad water pump. I would start with the cheapest and that is burping the system. Just cost you a gallon of coolant to add if any is needed. JMO Why did you replace the hose to begin with?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like maybe an air pocket to me.. Did you burp the system per the manuals recommendations? Maybe a frozen shut thermostat(most are made to fail open) or bad water pump. I would start with the cheapest and that is burping the system. Just cost you a gallon of coolant to add if any is needed. JMO Why did you replace the hose to begin with?
Thanks for your reply, I cut down the same hose and use new heavy duty clamps to secure it. I will be buying a new hose thou because I think that's already toasted.

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Jack, this is the sign of air in the system. You need to burp the system and get the air out. The light is a sign of coolant pumping through and then air which will cause the light to come on. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts