M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Un-baffeled, Un-Balanced (back-pressure) and Un-Believably poopy looking (just my opinion).

Think these would be FAR, FAR too loud for me... I like still being able to hear that kids-only-super-high-pitched-ringtone thats out now 8)

G

·
Would have to agree with Dalton. If they are like similar pipes of that style they would be loud. Look is not too bad. Kind of custom. I really like the stock pipes on the 109. I know I am in the minority, but that was one of the things that drew me to the bike was the stock pipes. Hey, that's why there's vanilla and chocolate.

G

·
almost got a set until they told me what it would take to get them on the bike, its not a kit you have to buy everything else to get them to work properly and yes very very loud from what I'm told. However down side is the pipes will blue there are no heat guards, they will give you no power improvement, you have to order everything separate to get them working right and they take 6 weeks to get to you, on the upside "there just cool looking!!!"

let us know if you get a set and take a pic if you do.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I don't even like the look.

Besides, why would anyone do something to REDUCE the power output of the vehicle. :dontknow:

I can see adding weight with a 280 or a passenger...

·
Registered
267 Posts
Remember that our bike is an 1800 cc engine. These pipes would probably sound like a fat opera singer screaming into a bull horn.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I saw and heard a set of pipes like those when I went in for my 4000 mile service. The were real loud, popped a lot, but they did look ok. The dealer was trying to tune the PCIII to get the back fire out of them. Just to let you know what I saw and heard. :dontknow:

·
Registered
414 Posts
ppridgen1 said:
one guy in tamp bought them ...with the heat shields (they do make them) and they happen to come with a fuel controller .....but the need the power cones installed and he said they were so loud at idle women and children run screaming ...and at speed it'll melt your ear wax inside a full face helment.....also said he lost like 10 hp and was gonna try to tune it .......looks cool .....runs like crap
All that for just under $1000.00 delivered...any Floridians got any swamp-land to sweeten the offer?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts