M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
came across this awesome looking helm, thought you guys might like it...

it's a Momo Devil

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$320 US ... they must be proud of it

here's another very cool, very overpriced helmet, the bmw SportIntegral Carbon...

only $1660 USD!

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
That is an awesome idea!!!!!! Can't seem to find it in the US yet. I read somewhere that when it comes to the US it will be DOT and Snell rated. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
277 Posts
prozac123 said:
How about one with a rear view mirror? http://www.reevu.com/what_you_see.asp
rynosback said:
That is an awesome idea!!!!!! Can't seem to find it in the US yet. I read somewhere that when it comes to the US it will be DOT and Snell rated. :bigthumbsup:
Sorry to hijack the thread. Here is what Reevu wrote me:

Hi Gerald

Due to the huge demand created here in Europe, we do not have distribution in the USA yet. We are going through the preliminary tests for the DOT and should have the full certification this year hopefully around September. We will then be able to put distribution in place and introduce the helmets into the US market.

They retail for around 400 Euros in Europe, we hope that it will cost no more than $400-450 when it lands in the States, but due to local taxes etc, will not know an exact price.

We have a mailing list to keep you updated of when the helmets are available in your country.

I will keep you posted once I have news.
[email protected]

·
Registered
844 Posts
With regard to that "cool looking" carbon fiber ($1,000 +) SportIntegral helmet by BMW -- I've now read 3 separate reviews by people who own them. They love the fact that they are extremely light -- but they all said that they are UNACCEPTABLY BAD in rain. Apparently the face shields fog up , and if you even crack the shield open, the thing literally sucks water into the helmet.

At tht price I don't think I can afford two helmets -- one for rain, and one or shine. And you can't get them here in the US yet anyway.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts