M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up at Lowe's the other day and i think it's going to be a cool kit for the bike. This and a couple of wrenchs and I'll be set. Not bad for 20 bucks :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
256 Posts
i was lookin for somethin like that a while back.. :bigthumbsup:
i'll go to the local store here and see if they have one...
thanks
tc

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Thats pretty sweet.. there's a new Lowe's just down the street from where I live, when I get home I'll have to swing thru and see if they got any of those.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Good tip bro . . better than the cheap socket set I usually lug around . . :bigthumbsup:

Just add a spark plug socket and you're good to go !

·
Registered
350 Posts
brownbomber1 said:
I see SAE sizes, wouldn't they have to be in metric so you don't strip out your nuts?......... :D :redfaced:Â
I was thinking the same thing, but then figured maybe Lamont was talking about the BOSS.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
brownbomber1 said:
I see SAE sizes, wouldn't they have to be in metric so you don't strip out your nuts?......... :D :redfaced:Â
It has both and the most needed sizes. :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Lamonster said:
It should fit where the kiddy tool kit is now.
OUTSTANDING!!! I'll pick one up today. I have a set of craftsman ignition wrenches in metric sizes (kind of small) but they all fit in there with plenty of room to spare.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
How many socket/wrench sizes are needed on the 109? I can get by for *most* jobs on the 800 with the following:
10mm
14mm
philips/slot changable screwdriver
small slot screw driver (for carb idle adjustment)
18mm spark plug socket
5/32" allen wrench
1/4" allen wrench (last two for my highway light bar & kuryakyn highway pegs)

...I think that's it. I carry WAY more than I need to and need to slim down my "kit" but the above will do just about everything on my bike. There may be another socket size or two (8mm?) that I've had to switch two once or twice (dropping oil sump screen for example).

·
Registered
443 Posts
I like it. Good tip Lamonster. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
wildwolf said:
How many socket/wrench sizes are needed on the 109? I can get by for *most* jobs on the 800 with the following:
10mm
14mm
philips/slot changable screwdriver
small slot screw driver (for carb idle adjustment)
18mm spark plug socket
5/32" allen wrench
1/4" allen wrench (last two for my highway light bar & kuryakyn highway pegs)

...I think that's it. I carry WAY more than I need to and need to slim down my "kit" but the above will do just about everything on my bike. There may be another socket size or two (8mm?) that I've had to switch two once or twice (dropping oil sump screen for example).
Great question. Looking forward to a knowledgeable answer! :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts