M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have only ridden sport bikes and dirt bikes my whole life. I am approaching 50 years in age and decided it was time to get something different from the Honda CBR600F3 I have been riding. My wife and kids have not been able to ride that much with me. So I resigned myself to the fact I needed a cruiser or a sport tourer and that I was going to take a serious hit in performance and feel like I was on a bike that was not fast anymore.

I looked and looked and finally went to a local dealer and he showed me a poster of the M109R, I said it was way too much money and said I needed to keep the price down so I was considering some naked bikes like the Yamaha FZ1, the V-Strom etc....

He worked out a deal on all the bikes and included the M109 which I hadn't asked for. It took me weeks to figure out what I was going to do, finally the dealer said he could fire up the M109 and let me hear it. I am not into loud bikes coming off my sport bike that only got loud when you really got on it and it definitely wasn't a roar. The M109 sounded awesome not too loud and it just sounded like it had tons of power.

I said lets do the sale and picked it up yesterday. It is ridiculous how cool this bike is and how much performance it has. The only thing that my sport bike shines over this bike is handling although the the M109 handles just fine. But oh my gosh coming off the sport bike the M109 feels just as quick and feels so stable and the torque wow!!!!

I am so happy with this purchase adn feel like I haven't compromised too much from a sport bike.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
just think, you coulda been stuck with that v-storm! i love this bike more everyday. shinny side up and  :welcome:.

·
Registered
898 Posts
oof ....  i have had a couple on off road bikes....klr 650 and ktm lc4 650....rode a vstrom a couple years ago .....did'nt do anything for me....if i wanted to get another bike like that it would be another ktm but it would be the big 950 adventure  :bigthumbsup: but for now the 109 is where it's at  :doorag:

khrome

1 - 3 of 3 Posts