M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've ridden/owned several motorcycles, the last two were a Vulcan Classic (sold) and a Honda CBR600RR. I'm really considering selling the Honda and making the move to a M109. Being a 24 y old electrical engineer, I don't really fit the part of a big cruiser---but who gives a rip. :D I love the power/handling on the CBR but around here in the FL panhandle there are few twisty roads. I feel like something more comfortable--yet still with lots of power--could be what I'm looking for next.

There is no question that the M109 is dead sexy, but would it be comfortable for me? I'm kinda short with gator arms-- 5' 6" :joke: I've sat on one in the dealership, and I have to lean forward just a few degrees, similar to what I've seen looking at others on it. However, without actually riding it around for a while it's hard to tell.

I know this is a very pro M109 audience, but I figure what the heck, doesn't hurt to ask.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Like any bike, you have to make it fit you, some do that right out of the box but most don't. ::) The after market is week right now because it is such a new bike but it will get better. The good news is your arm's will get longer as you whack the throttle. :evil: Good luck in your decision. 8)

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm right there with you in the "under-tall" category. Yeah, it is a little bit of a reach, but it got better after I rotated to bars up more than stock. I can go a couple hundred miles and not be too bad afterwards. Much like most other models that have been out for a while, I'm sure somebody will eventually come out with some new risers or extensions.

Make the leap....It's all good! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Where in the Panhandle? I have had mine for 9 days. Former VTX1300 and I really liked that bike. I too thought it would be a bit of a reach. I put 250 miles on her today, Panama City, Pensacola, Lillian and all. Like I said, VTX who?" Very comfortable, I am 5'8". Good luck!

·
Registered
60 Posts
I am 5'9 and have no problem. I would have to say that if you want a mean machine go with it you will get used the the ride

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have ridden Gixxers, Ducatis, and Aprilias for the last 17 years. I never thought I would ever ride a cruiser. Then one day, my neighbor who has a Vulcan asks me if I want to ride with some of the other guys in the neighborhood. I said sure. Well, turns out, I am the only sportbike in the crowd. I was thinking that my afternoon would be boring riding at the cruiser pace, but to tell you the truth...I noticed how much fun everyone was having riding their cruisers. Then I realized and said to myself, "Hmmm, riding backroads not having to go ballz out was actually kind of zen like.

Needless to say, when I got home, I started looking at V-Rods. Found one I liked, and sold my Aprilia. Owned my V-Rod for about 3 months, then sold it to a friend. I was without a bike for probably about 2 months...I then began my search for another cruiser...then all of a sudden...BAM!!!! I see a silver M109R on the road. I knew instantly that the M109R is the bike for me.

I bought me a black one and love riding it. It's a totally different ride than a sportbike, but I will tell you this, I dont miss any of my sportbikes, and I think the M109R is going to be my bike for quite sometime.

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I came from a Vulcan 750. This bike is 10 times better. I think I will have her for many years to come. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts