M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All especially to the C109 RT riders.

I am wanting to upgrade to one of these beasts. Can you answer a few questions

1) Would a 2012 as it is already 10 years old but with low KMs be an unwise buy?
2) Any major mechanical issues you know of or have had? I read somewhere about oil leaks what is your experience?

Thanks

Registered
2009 / VZR1800
Hi All especially to the C109 RT riders.

I am wanting to upgrade to one of these beasts. Can you answer a few questions

1) Would a 2021 as it is already 10 years old but with low KMs be an unwise buy?
2) Any major mechanical issues you know of or have had? I read somewhere about oil leaks what is your experience?

Thanks
Welcome to the forum mate!
Oil leaks on these bikes occured often when overfilled,
even the dealer mechanics have done it! It spits oil to
the left air intake. I have never heard of the engine oil
leak, and 10 yrs. old = still young, IMHO.
Cheers!... 馃嵒

Registered
This is an old article but it may help you with the differences.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the forum mate!
Oil leaks on these bikes occured often when overfilled,
even the dealer mechanics have done it! It spits oil to
the left air intake. I have never heard of the engine oil
leak, and 10 yrs. old = still young, IMHO.
Cheers!... 馃嵒
Thanks mate for info that's good news I meant a 2012 year not 2021 !

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is an old article but it may help you with the differences.
some one who showers in Luke warm water love it... great article. Cheers

Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
My 2008 M109R needed a clutch replacement at around 32,000 miles, and I had the well documented 2nd gear problem shortly thereafter.

I believe the transmission issue is unique to the M109. I have not heard of this affecting anyone with a C109.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My 2008 M109R needed a clutch replacement at around 32,000 miles, and I had the well documented 2nd gear problem shortly thereafter.

I believe the transmission issue is unique to the M109. I have not heard of this affecting anyone with a C109.
it sounds like it was a "problem" to get fixed? However not an issues with the C109RT'S? So that's okay not really interested in the MR109s as I'm a bit of a traditional cruiser guy but they look cool and I have heard are super powerful.

Registered
I have a 2012 C109RT. Great bike. Wanted something bigger for longer rides with my DW until she's up a riding on her own. Definitely a highway machine. I find it a bit much for around town. It's not a fan of slow speeds, I have a couple school zones to navigate out of my 'hood. I installed a TRE and made it far more tolerable crawling around at 30km/h.
The RT is the way to go with factory lightbar, factory lowers, factory passenger boards.
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Vehicle

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Great bike thanks for response. I will have to wait until funds become more available. But its a toss up between this and a roadliner. However I am not a fan of belt drive. And the fact these are shaft driven is a big plus I think.

Registered
My C109 is actually a '10. My C50 is a '12.
Another bike to look at may be a Vaquero. My BIL bought one last year. Very nice machine. The only real downside is the lack of cargo carrying capacity for long trips.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My C109 is actually a '10. My C50 is a '12.
Another bike to look at may be a Vaquero. My BIL bought one last year. Very nice machine. The only real downside is the lack of cargo carrying capacity for long trips.
Thanks for that I have browsed over those as well. Kawasaki I believe. I like the lime green. Will see. Cheers

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.