M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody!
Came to know this site from another site. I've just sold my Valkyrie and is looking for a big cruiser. I am living in Hong Kong and there is still no M 109R ( here it is named M 1800R) here in Hong Kong. Just want to know how better does an M 109R perform than a Valkyrie.

Ricky

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
zhaoricky said:
Hi everybody!
Came to know this site from another site. I've just sold my Valkyrie and is looking for a big cruiser. I am living in Hong Kong and there is still no M 109R ( here it is named M 1800R) here in Hong Kong. Just want to know how better does an M 109R perform than a Valkyrie.Â

Ricky
:welcome:

I had a couple of Valkyries and stock to stock the 109 will take it everytime. The Valkyrie is a great bike and good for the long haul but I've done some long days on the 109 too and this bike will do everything I need it to do.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Don't even think about another bike go and get the M109 as soon as you can,you will not be sorry!!! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
775 Posts
i've rode a few val's. they're great bikes. very comfortable and stylish. they're also very sluggish around town and a little heavy in the twisters. my 109 has the best respond of any cruiser i've ever owned. lays into the curves beautifully and powers out of them like a rocket. ( even my crotch rocket riding nephews are impressed with the power ). i've done a few long rides on my 109 and have been adequately comfortable. the little bit of plush you sacrifice from the val to the 109 , i feel, is more than made up for in raw power and styling. just my opinion.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Just do it! You won't be sorry! :bigthumbsup: :hot: :clap2:

·
Registered
45 Posts
I still own a standard Valkyrie with ~20K miles on it and have had my M109R for 4 weeks and 2K miles. Couldn't agree more with the other posts. Both are very nice bikes. The Valkyrie however is more like a high performance family car in comparison. The M109R is much more nimble at all speeds. At 5'10" walking the M109R in the garage and parking is less demanding. Feels more than the 100 pounds or so lighter than it is. Once in motion it remains much smoother into and out of turns than the Valkyrie and is far more throttle responsive.

I love the Valkyrie and am keeping it for parades and in case my wife wants to come along, but the bottom line is I ride what I choose and the Valkyrie seems to be a fixture in the garage since day 1 with the M109R. Oh and did I mention that at 95 mph highway driving my Valkyrie gets about 22 to 24 mpg and the M109R gets 34 to 36 mpg. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Where have you been able to drive 95 mph log enough to test gas mileage

:dontknow:

·
Registered
45 Posts
Regarding question "Where have you been able to drive 95 mph log enough to test gas mileage".

The honest answer is I rode my VTX 1800 about 300 miles from Memphis to St Louis on I-55 at about 95 mph most of the way.  This was to attend a funeral for a fallen US soldier.  The Valkyrie was on I-55 South from Memphis for about 125 miles and then home again -- actually went to a church that was having a bad influence on a good friend's daughter -- long story.  Going south was pretty much firm 90 to 95 mph and stopped at the gas station.  My friend was pretty much nailing his VTX 1300 to keep pace.

I've not run the M109R consistently at 95 for more than 50 miles or so, but the mileage for that tank as I recall was in the 34 mpg range and it involved a good bit of acceleration/deceleration -- not as accurate a read as with the other bikes.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Go for the 109 Baby, its wicked.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Rocket Convert said:
Where have you been able to drive 95 mph log enough to test gas mileage

:dontknow:
here outside of Vegas.. we can do it all the time...i get between 35 and 37... "usually"...mjm

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
jshumak said:
Regarding question "Where have you been able to drive 95 mph log enough to test gas mileage".

The honest answer is I rode my VTX 1800 about 300 miles from Memphis to St Louis on I-55 at about 95 mph most of the way. This was to attend a funeral for a fallen US soldier. The Valkyrie was on I-55 South from Memphis for about 125 miles and then home again -- actually went to a church that was having a bad influence on a good friend's daughter -- long story. Going south was pretty much firm 90 to 95 mph and stopped at the gas station. My friend was pretty much nailing his VTX 1300 to keep pace.

I've not run the M109R consistently at 95 for more than 50 miles or so, but the mileage for that tank as I recall was in the 34 mpg range and it involved a good bit of acceleration/deceleration -- not as accurate a read as with the other bikes.
I can tell you that pretty much stock, modded pipes, JSD-3M, my 06' 109 has been held at or near 90 for the better part of 200 miles except when passing through the small towns scattered out and it still got upper 30's on mileage. in this stage of tune it does not seem to matter much whether I am hammering it or not it still returns around 39 mpg. this all could change when the air kit and power commander 3 goes on next week but I will have to find out I guess.

·
Registered
6 Posts
zhaoricky said:
Hi everybody!
Came to know this site from another site. I've just sold my Valkyrie and is looking for a big cruiser. I am living in Hong Kong and there is still no M 109R ( here it is named M 1800R) here in Hong Kong. Just want to know how better does an M 109R perform than a Valkyrie.Â

Ricky

Don't do it, you will get sick of all the people stopping to check your 109 out. I get it all the time, Could not believe my eyes when people started taking pics of my blurple 09.
my wife and I live in New Zealand and on a short ride to a small town for lunch I parked outside the cafe we had lunch in and my wife counted 13 people stop in 5 mins, (Lol, a Harley parked beside my 09 the Harley didn't look too bad for a Harley but anyway he was not a happy chappy obviously he was trying to show it off but everyone one who stopped was checking out my 09) I bought it for the power of those 112mm slugs and did not think about the bling until I stopped at a set of lights on the my way home from the bike shop.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Are you STILL considering getting the 109? :eek:

Took me 5 minutes and the deal was done.... It would have taken less but I wanted the Burple one over the Silver..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts