M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
5" inches of snow last nite and a low of 0 F tonight..praying for warm spell.
Edmonton Alberta. Lat/Long 53degrees north and 113 deg. west. 2200' ASL. This sucks.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Storage? :dontknow:

Next thing you know you'll be showing us pictures of that bike and it's matching trailer to tow it around :edit:

Ride in the cold (not on ice or snow!). Invest in good riding gear and ride all year. I have for years. Never winterized or stored a bike.

G

·
I hate snow! I feel for you bro. I can't wait to retire and move to a warm, all year riding environment. Til then, warm clothes and riding gear. Hope you get some warm weather. Kills me to sit my baby in the garage and not be able to ride it, especially when there are two sitting there. Well at least you have this board and your buds. We'll keep you entertained at least. :joke:

·
Registered
44 Posts
we road Saturday (nice) day but today Sunday cloudy windy rain and calling for maybe snow.
think snow is a stretch though. it won't be long. :D :D
so if you live in the banana belt ride your butt off :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are so lucky...I live in the land of trickle charger for your bike in the winter and block heater and battery blanket for my truck..For those not familiar with battery blanket..it is like an electric blanket for your battery so that it can stay in optimum temp range.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
look at the bright side...perfect time for mods/paint/chrome

·
Registered
301 Posts
"SNOW" :dontknow: :dontknow:Oh yeah I think I've heard of that stuff..Guess I better not tell you I was out cruising in Beautiful 80 degree Orlando today :p :p...I feel for you...Like another member said use the time for Mods and Upgrades...I will have to park it for about three weeks Dr said..I'm having a femoral artery bypass done this Thursday for a clog in my left leg...He said if I do nothing about it I could loose the leg!! I told him that was not in the game plan and I had not seen anyone on this sight that has a 109 with training wheels!! Guess I could make a three wheeler out of it, but I sort of enjoy the ride with only two..Just keep thinking "IT'S ALMOST SPRING, IT'S ALMOST SPRING :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
It has been either too cold or wet or both for nearly 3 weeks! :(

Good old STL was warm today and I did not waist the good weather because I enjoyed it on my 109. :p :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

·
Registered
330 Posts
rode 300 miles today in 35 to 40 degree weather today. some spots had ice on the road.(that wasnt fun) but got through it ok. this bike never stops amazing me. good on ice too. and gravel... ;)

·
Registered
765 Posts
Lucky today. 70+ degrees when it is usually 50's with lows in uppers 30's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
75 degrees san jose....lucky can ride....sad that i have a bad azz kawasaki ZX10R and i dont want to ride it cuz i want an m109r in burgundy. if i was rich id have both :(

G

·
Saturdayout saturday it looked nice ::) sun was out, put on all the leathers, 2 pairs of paints, t-shirt, sweater, jacket, snow gloves, full face ...... OK I should be good right???? Ever have ice cream to fast and you get a really bad head ache. I had that feeling for 100miles!!!!! I think my toes might have turned purple but they didn't match my silver so I went home. Then sat at the fireplace for 2hr and tried it again, I got a mile then turned back around. ::) It always seems warmer when your standing still. I went to the winter store and looked at BIG FLUFFY snow suits :D and heated jackets and paints :D I'll be back out by the weekend :D

PS ever see "A Christmas story" I look like that kid with the big snow suit that can barley walk :joke: back to the parking lot :joke:

·
Registered
890 Posts
Finally got a good test of my M109 jacket. It was supposed to be in the high 60's but it never got there, that didn't stop us from doing 215 miles. While it was a little bit cool that jacket, (with a sweat shirt and scarf) really did the trick. I wouldn't ride in it if the temps drop lower that 50 though...just not warm enough...but for these warmer days its just fine. The riding season here (New Mexico) is basically year round...just takes a good assortment of gear and a plan as to what elevations you want to ride in. I'm in South central so there is a huge choice of destinations...winterize....never heard of it!

Wish you were here... :evil: :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

Devilish

·
Registered
664 Posts
I rode a couple hundred miles yesterday.... and rode to work this morning... :D
All i needed yesterday was my Joe Rocket Mesh jacket....lots of sun, clear skies... it was a perfect georgia day...

This morning was a little cool... The M109R jackets do a good job of keepin ya warm... It was 30 something this morning when i came in... but i got a good pair of winter gloves, a head/neck insulated hat thing and my m109r jacket, full face helmet.... my legs never tend to get that cold so I don't bother with chaps... its all good :bigthumbsup: looking forward to the end of the work day... 70ish out there now :D

Oh yeah i used to live in NE ohio... but decided snow was just silly.. so i moved to georgia...

·
Registered
890 Posts
Posted by: Moonbaby Oh yeah i used to live in NE ohio... but decided snow was just silly.. so i moved to georgia...
I hear ya...used to live in Cincinnati...been back twice in 30 years, and picked Spring to visit! I really don't like snow...or cold :eek:

Devilish

1 - 20 of 21 Posts