M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:dontknow::dontknow: Thinking about buying the Condor motorcycle chock to haul my baby around on a flat bed trailer. Would like to know any pros or cons for those who have a Condor chock. And is it worth the price? :dontknow:
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,893 Posts
Yep, i bought one a few months ago,,,,,, very heavy gauge aluminum construction.... roll the bike right in and walk away, she stays straight up and i even gave it a few shoves and is sturdy.... I haven't hauled with it at all yet though.. i bought it more for just keeping the bike upright when i park it at home.

I bought this one

·
Registered
21 Posts
I bought one back last summer and love it. I mainly use it in the garage so I don't have to worry about my kids knocking the bike over. So far so good. I also used it in my trailer and at some point (due to my being a knucklehead) most of the tiedowns came loose, but the bike remained locked in place and upright. I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
916 Posts
man, you beat me to it. i bought one for my enclosed trailer and it worked so good, i bought another one for my dads trailer too. it was only $59 on sale
While I can agree the Harbor Freight chock is a great deal at only $59....it is nothing like a Condor lock. The Condor is $250:yikes::yikes:
You ride up to it and it LOCKS your front wheel in place once you adjust it all up the first time. I personally do not own one nor have i used one, but a good friend of mine has one in his trailer and he swears by it! Of course he still straps the rear for safety precaution.

EDIT: I take that back! I just went back to Harbor Freight's site and read a little better, that one DOES lock your wheel like the Condor...**insert foot in mouth**

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
the condor is awesome. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

i have one and like lovethetwins said, it is a heavy-duty item and really does a great job of securing the bike in place.

i have also used it and mounted it on a friend's trailer and it gives me GREAT peace of mind knowing that it is being held by the condor.

definitely worth the money!!!

remember you get what you pay for.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
I have a different brand, but they all do the same thing.
I've hauled my 9 over 1,000 miles on a trailer in a chuck and it worked perfectly.
Use the right tie downs and life is good.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Condor

I have one, and I would not use any other ! I have hauled my bike from MS to Sturgis and to GA with NO PROBLEMS!!!! GREAT INVESTMENT:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
666 Posts
I bought the Condor as pictured above and am VERY happy with it ! :bigthumbsup:
Works great..........and the cost is reasonable for what you get.....
after all it is holding your $12,000.00 bike. ;)

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have one I only use in my garage. It allows the bike to stand straight up, gives my wife and I more than enough room to open the doors up on both vehicles and walk around. It's a perfect item for me. I have no complaints

·
Registered
175 Posts
Mine looks like the one from Harbor Frieght but cost 3 times as much. It does work fine but I have to put a short 1"x4" under my front wheel to make sure my front brake plate doesn't rub the chock sides.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.