M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
The Honda looks like it may be sporting a version of the V45/V65 motor. I like the exhaust too.

No thanks on the tri-cylinder bike. I can see some cooling issues with the rear cylinder on that bike. Front two get all the cooling and the rear gets to roast...

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah, that honda is pretty sweet. Seat looks nice and comfy and I'm digging the exhaust as well. As far as the 3 cylinder freak goes, I think someone is overthinking their product. I mean, I have heard of thinking outside of the box, but this is taking it too far. 3 cylinders is okay but not lined up like that, it's looks like a birth defect to me, JMO

Thanks for the link though, there's some cool bikes I was not aware of on there.  :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:  :bigthumbsup:

I really dig the VTX "power cruiser". Â

http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/phot.../Honda-2005-VTX-PerformanceCruiserConcept.htm

·
Registered
185 Posts
bconnally1 said:
I really dig the VTX "power cruiser". Â

Beautiful high tech bike with a chain drive ? ! ! ! ! ::) What's up with that ? ! ! !  :mad:

·
Registered
363 Posts
As regards that Honda automatic, I did not realize motorcycle manufacturers were considering this direction. Though I could see a market for this type of bike. No foot controls or clutch to manage would appeal to a significant number of folks who would not otherwise consider enjoying a motorcycle. I think it would cannibalize market share from Honda's large scooter segment but many of those people probably want a bike that looks more sporting anyhow.

LG

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Delmustator said:
The Honda looks like it may be sporting a version of the V45/V65 motor. I like the exhaust too.

No thanks on the tri-cylinder bike. I can see some cooling issues with the rear cylinder on that bike. Front two get all the cooling and the rear gets to roast...
I can see the cooling issue as well, but wonder if an opposed v-twin with a 3rd cylinder on top (or bottom...) would work?

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
The Honda looks cool. I believe Victory showed an automatic bike this year also.
CVT's are making a comeback in cars right now, and things like Snowmobiles have always had them.
I think it would be great for our sport. It would let many more people enjoy riding and that could only help
our sport in regards to laws and how we are treated in general.

Sledzep

·
Registered
702 Posts
sledzep01 said:
The Honda looks cool. ...
I think it would be great for our sport. It would let many more people enjoy riding and that could only help
our sport in regards to laws and how we are treated in general.

Sledzep
you're right about that. the honda is attractive too. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
The DN-O1 is powered by a 680 cc V-twin four stroke engine running through a continuously variable automatic transmission, which can be switched to a six speed manual transmission controlled by gear selection buttons on the handlebars.
Honda is continuing to develop the DN-01 concept for possible future production.
If you were wondering, DN-01 stands for the first - 01 - vehicle developed under Honda’s Dream New - DN - concept philosophy. :super:

G

·
frankie a. said:
Beautiful high tech bike with a chain drive ? ! ! ! ! ::) What's up with that ? ! ! !  :mad:
Chain drive is the norm for "high power" applications. Look at most sport bikes and drag bikes...

It also accentuates the blend between cruiser and sport bike... I like it... I love the overall concept and find it to have a lot of similarities with the M109R...
:bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
680cc? They already got scooters with engines half that size and larger don't they? Sounds like they're actually just scaling up cause unless that comes with factory nitrous and supercharger / turbo I dont think its going to be too "sporty".

·
Registered
363 Posts
DHandyman said:
680cc? They already got scooters with engines half that size and larger don't they? Sounds like they're actually just scaling up cause unless that comes with factory nitrous and supercharger / turbo I dont think its going to be too "sporty".
Exactly why I used the term "looks more sporting". Honda's Silverwing scooter has a 582cc engine already. The DN-01 would offer the Honda, Suzuki and Aprilia scooter owners a choice that looks more in line with sport bikes and yet keeps the power, weight and functionality they are familiar with now.

LG

·
Registered
185 Posts
M109R Fan said:
Chain drive is the norm for "high power" applications. Look at most sport bikes and drag bikes...

It also accentuates the blend between cruiser and sport bike... I like it... I love the overall concept and find it to have a lot of similarities with the M109R...Â
  :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:
I understand race bikes use chains for the horsepower gains . . but for street riding you can't beat the reliability and low maintenance of the shaft. IMO . . Honda would be making a mistake if they market this bike with chain drive. :confused:

·
Registered
185 Posts
jamiesM109R said:
you're looking to far into the future

Gives a new meaning to "chopping wood" ! ! !  :joke:

Was that the bike Mikey built ! ! ! :duck: :duck: :duck:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts