M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

daylight shot

Well I haven't even wiped off the fingerprints..(woke up my mate to hear the first start). Its pitch dark 10pm and after a quick ride around on the farm track in my JR slip on safety sandals ...this exhaust is "Sex on Wheels". :hot:

I have never liked loud exhausts and at normal chug through town I'm sure this will NOT piss anyone off. (probably no louder than stock)

It is the deepest (lowest frequency) exhaust I have ever heard on a bike ..... This carbon shell muffler takes most of the harsh 'crack' out of the exhaust note.

But, give it a healthy ''wrist full'' and in Perry's words it's " the Thunder of the Gods"

Start this puppy up and everyone will have to look :eek:...it is commanding without being harsh..(sheet I sound like a wine taster :redfaced:)

It's too late here in NZ to do a test run ..I'm sure it will be great with the Air, JSD and PC3...... I can wait till tomorrow, but I will sleep with a HUGE grin.

OK.... thanks has to go to so many of you guys on the site :bigthumbsup:

(in no particular order)

JR..special thanks for the idea and the inspiration..many of us owe you directly or indirectly for lots of stuff (esp. the courage in making the early 'cuts')Â Â
Lamonster and Hal (goes without saying)Â
Big 396..so much help... the emailed info on your mod that gave me the impetus to get going...
Perry,Tom, Jazz, Jer, Tone, Bob, Sledz..and many other who were happy to share info...hope I can do the same for others.Â

Time for bed..hope you like my SPORTS cruiser exhaust :D
cheers,
Greg

Here is the stock chrome with MINIMAL modification and only one 4" cut on the tail end of the front pipe heatshield

daylight shot showing muffler bracket (had to cut a slot in the plastic cover)

I may have to do a little shagging around to fit that last little chrome strip (to hide the SS collector pipe)..but I actually quite like that 'peek' at what's under the heatshield!

I think the ss muffler strap either needs to be pollished or p/coated black..what do you reckon?

G

·
Re: Completed!...**Sex on Wheels**!

Congratulations. We are all here to help each other out as best we can. Post some pics during the day time. It's hard to see how it looks. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
1,637 Posts

Great Job :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: can't wait for some daylight pics :doorag:

·
Registered
568 Posts

Fantastic job!! That is the best one yet, you got the angle going back perfect. Now go enjoy your hard efforts.

:bigthumbsup: :doorag: :bigthumbsup: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot: :hot:

Bob

·
Registered
1,768 Posts

Greg....that is one awesome looking exhaust mod....the angle looks perfect. Looks like you cut a angle on the muffler tip, also, which enhances the visual effect...cool! Between the carbon fiber can and your intake plates and big filters your bike ought to haul a$$ :D :D...First Class Workman-ship :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup: :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
224 Posts

Way Cool. :2cool: :2cool: :2cool:
Love 2 see some more Pics.

Fatcat downunder in Oz

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Rasputin That looks Nice Dude :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

When you get a chance how about a few Daylight picture,Thanks for posting pictures as soon as you could it looks different Longer even in the Dark hahaha :bigthumbsup: I like the way you covered the swing arm !!! Later Silentrider
I wish we could see it with out the Heat shields on,I like seeing the connection myself,How it hooks up.You did Great :bigthumbsup: :doorag: :super:

G

·

Very Nice... Good Job!!

I remeber seeing an exhaust like that, but with red carbon fiber on it. Does anybody remember where I can find it????
:read:

·
Registered
1,552 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts

Yes with the Pipe like that it looks More Like its Herritage GSXR ,Looks Sporty to me,He's out riding that Bad boy hahaha No reply's thats what the Bikes about Riding :bigthumbsup: I bet he has a smile a mile wide Right Now :D :D :D

1 - 20 of 68 Posts