M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
ok so i finished welding the exhaust last night and got everything buttoned back up and i will say i love the new sound and im glad that i went ahead a shorten it from where i had plan to put it.
thank you to 1 BAD 9 for all the information and help.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it didnt load them I had to go and edit it but they are there now

·
Registered
84 Posts
SuperNice man !! It looks very aggresive.
Hmm I think i have seen this kind of painted rims somewhere........... :bigthumbsup:

Regards from Sweden
Håkan

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SuperNice man !! It looks very aggresive.
Hmm I think i have seen this kind of painted rims somewhere........... :bigthumbsup:

Regards from Sweden
Håkan
yea i kick around the idea for awhile about painting them but i think it looks very good. i have notice that i get alot more people asking questions and taking pictures

·
Registered
84 Posts
Yes it looks VERY nice, I have mine exactly the same on my bike.:D
So now we are two LE having same painted rims.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Looks different. Kinda sportbikesh. I like your rims alot though.

How is the sound & any performance increase that you could notice?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Looks different. Kinda sportbikesh. I like your rims alot though.

How is the sound & any performance increase that you could notice?
Well for the sound it's really deep wife said it sounds like a stereo system in a car bc it has the low bassy sound. For the performance I have the intakes and a pc3 and it runs great when I rode last night it had a noticeable power gain it seemed to have more pep

·
Registered
5,843 Posts
Looks really good, would like to hear it sometime.:bigthumbsup:

As for improvement of power, it seems just getting rid of the catalytic converter ans SET valve is going to give you an increase. Back in 06, before any after-market pipes became available, there were a few who removed the SET and the converter from the stock pipes and saw an increase in performance. You can also just safety wire the SET valve in the full open position, pull the #7 wire from the ecu and get a boost. I've heard of that being done as well.

Its also nice to shed a bunch of weight by switching pipes, though it will be hard to notice since that weight is so low. But any weight loss is a good thing, IMHO.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
185 Posts
Big :bigthumbsup:

Looks great! Keep us posted on performance changes.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,865 Posts
That turned out nice. It looks a lot better being shortened too, the other had too many steps in it.

Great job! :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Those painted wheels make it look like it's riding on white-walls. Very interesting. So two guys with the same bike, same color, and same unique painted wheels? Suspicious. I gotta ask.... which came first - the chicken or the egg?

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Those painted wheels make it look like it's riding on white-walls. Very interesting. So two guys with the same bike, same color, and same unique painted wheels? Suspicious. I gotta ask.... which came first - the chicken or the egg?
Yea I never seen his bike until this post I posted asking if some one could Photoshop me a pic and someone said there was one with wheels painted but I couldn't find it but I painted mine a couple months ago

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Pic

1 - 20 of 22 Posts