M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It uses a full-honk 162 horsepower, 94 lb.-ft. of torque version of the wonderful 1198cc Testastetta motor called the “11º,” referring to a new 11-degree valve overlap angle (in contrast to the 41-degree overlap—the time where both intake and exhaust valves are open—angle on the 1198 superbikes).

Most importantly, weight has been kept to a minimum. At just 463 pounds of claimed dry weight (456 for the “Carbon” version), the Diavel is lighter than some newbie-friendly -priced 600cc cruisers

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Nice to look at but I wouldn't want to own one... I really do prefer my 9, at least it has a comfortable back seat for my special lady.

Nice bike again, but probably more inline competition with a V-Max has stated above

G

·
I think that's more in line with competition for the B-King and VMAX than a cruiser.
:agree::agree:

Plus those Italians must have worked at Renault, the bikes keep getting uglier!
Anyone who has driven or seen the new Renaults in Europe can attest.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I think that's more in line with competition for the B-King and VMAX than a cruiser.
:agree: but i like it.
I like all Ducatis, i owned a Testastretta b4 and it handled like a dream and the Brembo breaks so nice.,.,.,,..

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

My first bike was a Ducati (a 1960 single pot ~250cc's). Painted it Candy Apple Red - the good old days.

I'd take this one in a heartbeat.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
:agree::agree:

Plus those Italians must have worked at Renault, the bikes keep getting uglier!
Anyone who has driven or seen the new Renaults in Europe can attest.
I don't know about that. If i could afford one I would buy one lol

2010 Renault Alpine Sportscar All But Confirmed?

I like the Audi R8 also,

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I agree. I cannot see anything that would bracket this bike into power cruiser class.

Nice bike though I'd have one too if I was forced too...:joke:

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,767 Posts
Might as well post another Italian bike nobody can afford:

·
Registered
381 Posts
I have ridden a ducati 1198 and a monster.... if the new one handles anything even close to the rest of the ducati line.... this bike will be in a class of it's own...to even say it would be compared to the v-max would be a major insult to the long history of superior ducati performance....

While i might not exactly say i would choose the styling as a cruiser...i would think it would be a cold day in hell before I would turn down the chance to take one out for a spin.

JMHO

·
Registered
634 Posts
Competition may lead to an added bonus for us.

While I don't really think that Ducati is in the same vein as the 9, and is more likely to be a rival to V-Max and the B-King, I'm all for anything that raises the bar ... and prompts Suzuki to make an even more powerful, even more impressive version of the 9 for us. Personally, I'd love to see an over 2 Litre version...preferably a 2.4 or 2.5L to rival even the Rocket 3's capacity and performance numbers.

Just as recent competition upping the ante on the Hayabusa, and releasing bikes with even greater horsepower and top speed capability is bound to stir the Suzuki guys into action to reclaim the mantle as "The King of the Jungle" ... the same is hopefully true in relation to the 9.

I for one will be hoping the guys at Suzuki are inspired to make a completely new version of the 9, which once again represents a quantum leap in the class.

Make my day Suzuki, and make us an M169R, with a standard 300 rear ...supercharged !!! :a18: :#1:

Because "too much grunt...is never enough." :super: :bigthumbsup:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts