M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in the process of buying a gel seat for my nine but a friend of mine that had one said he didn't like his because it always was moving under his rear. So he sold it and went back to the original seat on the bike. I hadn't heard any complaints about the gel seats until that one. Has anyone got first hand knowledge on these seat?????????????:dontknow:

·
Registered
838 Posts
I've got the full cut gel and gel back seat. My friend "HAD" the stock front and rear. On the way back from a day of riding I let him and his wife ride my bike. With in a week he was buying gel seats for his bike.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
only thing that i have heard about the gel seats is that they are HOT. thye give you pretty good "swamp ass" after a hot ride.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Pynikal is right, Gel gets real hot under the sun as it is almost liquid, but memory foam is as comfortable if not better and doesnt absorb heat like gel does, pm me for more info.:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
387 Posts
gel seat comfort

With our current heat wave in NY, I have a 13 mile ride to home. I swear if it was 14 miles butt would blister. Aside from that the seat is OK. They do and absorb/radiate heat. JOHN

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,869 Posts
I agree with the heat comments. I carry a piece of the "space blanket" material under the seat and cover mine with it on a hot day. A white cloth works well too. Or pull the cover off and put a thin layer of memory foam over the gel.

I've never heard of it moving. The gel is actually in a recess that's cut into the seat foam and it shouldn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I ride with an Air Hawk brand inflatable on a stock seat, it has cool cover over the bladders, does not get hot at all, use a couple of small bungees to keep attached to passenger seat hold strap, and adjust air to your comfort needs. about $90.00 for the Suzuki seat

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I have the standard cut gel seat.

I have never felt any kind of movement.

As for heat, I have never noticed.

Maybe my ass has just come to expect to ride a seat warmer as my last 2 bikes were both air-cooled HDs.:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Threads like this always crack me up. Opinions are like noses......everyone has one. I almost don't even think any of us should ask any opinions about ANY COMFORT mods because what one guy swears by another guy completely hates. So when it comes to seats, pegs, grips, windscreens...etc just roll the dice and try one and then decide for yourself.

I have a gel seat. I don't even know what the difference is between the "full cut" or "regular" but the one I have is very comfortable. Mine has sat in 100 degree heat outside and it certainly didn't burn my azz, it was fine.

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
Threads like this always crack me up. Opinions are like noses......everyone has one. I almost don't even think any of us should ask any opinions about ANY COMFORT mods because what one guy swears by another guy completely hates. So when it comes to seats, pegs, grips, windscreens...etc just roll the dice and try one and then decide for yourself.

I have a gel seat. I don't even know what the difference is between the "full cut" or "regular" but the one I have is very comfortable. Mine has sat in 100 degree heat outside and it certainly didn't burn my azz, it was fine.
The full cut puts you about 1.5" farther from the bars than the stock seat.

The standard cut puts you about 1.5" closer to the bars than the stock seat.

·
Registered
61 Posts
good question

I buy one thing new every year in the winter and the gel seat is next. I dont know if the question is gel seat or memory foam?

·
Radio Active Member
27,669 Posts
I have never read a post or experienced the gel moving in the seat. Maybe it was the gel on his bum and not the seat? :joke:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
I really like my gel seat; I can ride all day in comfort. As far as heat goes, it does get warmer in the sun but not to the point where it hurts. I am mostly riding anyway, so the sun doesn't get a chance to heat the seat up too much.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gel seat

GeorgiaRoller, Don't keep me in the dark here, what kind of seat did you buy for your nine??????:dontknow:

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
GeorgiaRoller, Don't keep me in the dark here, what kind of seat did you buy for your nine??????:dontknow:
Ok I just went an measured mine and compared it to this site http://www.oneidasuzuki.com/store/parts-accessories/gel-seat-plain-or-carbon-fiber-m109r.html and I have the "Standard / Carbon Fiber" Gel Seat. It's very supportive yet comfortable. I wasn't sure because I bought the bike used from the original owner and he already had this seat on it.

I guess if you leave your bike out in the 95 degree sun for hours it will be very hot. But like BobbyMac said I'm usually riding my bike not letting it sit around outside.

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I have a gel, just got it. The bike sat out in the sun all day at work. On the ride home, I had hot ass the whole way. Once it's hot, it ain't cooling off.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts