M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, I'm coming to Dallas at the end of October for MNF, and looking for stuff to do...
1) Looking for good ole' Texas BBQ: where are the best few places to go?
2) What is there to do? The tour company takes care of us Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, but we're thinking of coming down on Saturday and staying until Wednesday. Thinking about either the Stars game or the Alice Cooper/Rob Zombie concert saturday, but where to go afterwards?
Any help would be appreciated...

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
as far as bbq you need to try Coopers in Ft. Worth one town over. they just opened this one a few months back and it is as good as the ones they have in Llano and New Braunfels. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right on, Thanks Steve. After watching BBQ Pitmasters I realized I've never had BBQ they way its done down there... and I can't wait to try some!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We are, the tour was included in the ticket package we got. I can't wait... first NFL game and it's Cowboy's vs Giants on a monday night.

·
Registered
456 Posts
We are, the tour was included in the ticket package we got. I can't wait... first NFL game and it's Cowboy's vs Giants on a monday night.
Hope you get a better game than I did. The Cowboys were my childhood favorite team. When I moved to houston a few years ago my cosin and I decided to go for the dream and see a Cowboys game during the last year they were at the old stadium. We ended up with tickets to the Cowboys/Eagles. This was the year that Romo was first making it big and Dallas was scoring like 30 points a game. Sounds like a can't lose huh? Dallas ended up losing 10-6. Uhg, not only did my childhood team lose but they couldn't even have lost 35-31 or something like that.

Still it was cool to get to the stadium early and see all the names in the Ring of Honor I grew up watching; Tony Dorset, Roger Stauback and getting my picture taken under Tom Landry's name. It almost made the $1,500 gentelman's club tab worth it.

Anyway, hope you have a great time!!!

·
Registered
788 Posts
Fort Worth is a great place to spend a laid back evening. Plenty of Restaurant/Bars in Sundance square or if you want you can head over to the Stockyards.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Go to FT Worth for a different experience. Dallas is like all other big cities. Hit the stockyards and get a taste of what Texas' perception is. Sundance Square is still a nice place for eat/drink/entertainment.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Awesome, thanks all for the suggestions. We're staying at the Gaylord Texan... the most hilariously named hotel I have ever stayed at, so the North Main BBQ is right near there.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I thought the same thing on the but a great hotel. For some reason Gaylord is very popular down here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts