M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode 532 miles yesterday and after about 360 or so my arse was SORE. It felt as though the pad was gone or completely compressed. I remember someone posting a link to Tobin??? I know a guy that just bought the heated Corbin, but I would rather spend $1200 on other mods...Anyone else notice the factory seat becoming gradually uncomfortable?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Oh, yeah, I rode from Dayton, Ohio to Granbury, Texas and after awhile your bottom does get sore. I sat on a Corbin seat and that seat is hard to me. It is actually harder than the stock seat. I think one of the guys said something about the gel seat being comfortable and it is much, much cheaper.

G

·
The Gel seat is nice! I road 800 miles in one day on it and had no issues. I have a Corbin as well and love it but then again I had a few things done to it that really help.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
firecat said:
The Gel seat is nice! I road 800 miles in one day on it and had no issues. I have a Corbin as well and love it but then again I had a few things done to it that really help.
Good for you. :bigthumbsup: Been thinking about ordering a Gel seat. Hows the fit compared to the stock seat? My stock seat leaves a gap between the rear cowl and the seat. ::)

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
firecat said:
The Gel seat is nice! I road 800 miles in one day on it and had no issues. I have a Corbin as well and love it but then again I had a few things done to it that really help.
So you think the gel is worthy of the price? I am also considering having the stocker re-stuffed? It is the cheapest alternative but this local trim guy came highly recommended.

G

·
The Gel seat is worth every cent, and you also get both the front and back seat. If you have someone your riding or plan to ride then I'd go with the gel seat. Corbin is nice if you have to have some custom fit but if the basic fit works for you then go with Gel, also if you get your other seat re-stuffed you might still find the seat hard or doesn't fit right, I found the stock seat cut the circulation off to my legs if I had it re-stuffed I'd been in huge trouble.

·
Registered
775 Posts
i agree; i upgraded to the full cut gel seat from suzuki. worth every penny. most comfort you can get without spending a thousand bucks.

·
Registered
890 Posts
What's the difference in the cut of the seat...I ride toward the front of the seat anyway. I'd like to get a bit of support in the back..but I'm not sure if I want a backrest ... if there is a drivers backrest available ...I'll watch the posts...thanks in advance!

Devilish

·
Registered
728 Posts
BIGD... said:
Rode 532 miles yesterday and after about 360 or so my arse was SORE. It felt as though the pad was gone or completely compressed. I remember someone posting a link to Tobin??? I know a guy that just bought the heated Corbin, but I would rather spend $1200 on other mods...Anyone else notice the factory seat becoming gradually uncomfortable?
Gp to www.suzukihayabusa.org and do a search for tobin he does a real nice job on the busa drag seats :bigthumbsup:

G

·
I would agree that for the money the gel seat for $200 is a great value. Much better comfort than stock. Decent fit and finish. I have the full cut/carbon look. It puts me back about 2" further back and at 6" - 32" inseam it is just right for me now. I am very pleased with it. I was thinking of getting the Corbin solo seat as my wife does not ride on the 109 so the seat, although expensive would not be too bad, but I am keeping the gel seat.

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
DevilishEyes109 said:
What's the difference in the cut of the seat...I ride toward the front of the seat anyway. I'd like to get a bit of support in the back..but I'm not sure if I want a backrest ... if there is a drivers backrest available ...I'll watch the posts...thanks in advance!

Devilish
I just bought vtxoak's standard cut gel seat from him. He's taller and wanted the full cut to stretch out some. I'm a bit on the short legged side and have been pushing myself up on the stock seat. So I bit and bought the standard gel as people have talked about it pushing them forward. You can see a pix of the std gel seat in my picture I posted recently for Chrome Big Air. Notice the rear half of the seat has a noticeable upward angle to it. That's just the ticket for me. That helps push me forward which does two thing; it helps me reach the controls better and also pushed me up to the narrowest part of the bike when stopped so I get most of my feet on the ground.

It is definitely more comfortable than the stock seat. One side note, it's a lot slicker than the stock seat so I do slide a little. However I like this cause in hard cornering I can now shift my weight better where I couldn't on the stock seat.

If you are looking for leg room, get the full cut version.

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
Everytime I get on the bike I think about getting my stock seat reupholstered..mainly to get rid of the seam that the back of your legs crosses (esp when feet are down on the ground). That foam edge under the seam could be easily rounded out..but not too sure whether that would make any difference to long distance butt-ache. The Aftermarket seats are pretty expensive by the time they get to NZ so I have usually altered mine (on other bikes) to get what I want.
I like the look of the gel seat that 'firecat' has on her bike..wouldn't mind a close view photo if you read this Heather!

·
Registered
665 Posts
I've been kicking around the idea of getting the deep cut gel seat,since I have 32" inseams. I really can't complain about the comfort of my original seat,I would just like to stretch my legs out a little farther.

·
Registered
386 Posts
I bought a Ortho Deluxe sheepskin covered gel pad when I was at Street Vibrations. I haven't had a chance for a long ride on it yet, but it sure is COMFORTABLE! and only $124.95
I wanted to try it out and then buy one of their gel inserts and I recently bought a stock seat and I am looking to remove some foam and insert the gel pad. IThe Sheepskin cover does lift you up by about 3/4 inch so the shorter guys might not like it but I am 5'11" and usually buy 30" inside leg jeans and it works for me. http://www.amspecialtiesusa.com/gelpad.htm

·
Registered
34 Posts
anything beats my ZX10R seat ..... im buyin a m109 soon and sittin in it feels like im in a barcolounger with wheels. I aint complainin...im looking forward to it :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Smooth14u said:
$600.bucks for a seat :dontknow: ::) :confused:
Seems a little high to me until you compare it to Corbin, but this isn't a Corbin. For that price I would need some feedback from anyone who has one and I would need a rear backrest for my wife also.
Looks nice though :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I think I'll eventually get one made by Russell (http://day-long.com) but will probably get the full cut gel to ride while the custom Day Long is being made from my stock pans.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts