M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its been a long cold winter ,heck the Bay area guys Got snow already !

I like to tinker so i have tried to Mount some Mid mount Pegs to the Nine
I used Kury Mini pilot pegs mounted to some kury offset peg mounts
Bolted to my home made Brackets

because i have the SideBurners,it make it a lot less complicated
and Doing Bigpapas SET mod i had the Room

i have the Right side finished and am about 75percent done with the left side

here are some picks of my progress

I used 3/16Th's inch steel stock ,3 and a half inch wide ,and double layers in the Critical areas of support

I have NO EGO , so let me know what you really think ,Safety ,function ,or looks

heres how I mounted it to the lower frame

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
Rob, you have a 52 inch inseam. How in the he11 are you gonna stretch your legs on those pegs!

Let me guess, you will be sitting on the rear seat when you use those pegs. :joke:

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
it might seem necessary for most tall guys but i have knee issues , and after a few hours on the Bike , my legs are killiin me ,
i walk on concrete all day ,and when I'm lounging around the house I'm usually sitting on a foot just to stretch out either knee
this will allow a different cruising position and i think it will help , its been too cold to get many miles yet but this will give some relief ,,,i hope???

·
Registered
5,562 Posts
it might seem necessary for most tall guys but i have knee issues , and after a few hours on the Bike , my legs are killiin me ,
i walk on concrete all day ,and when I'm lounging around the house I'm usually sitting on a foot just to stretch out either knee
this will allow a different cruising position and i think it will help , its been too cold to get many miles yet but this will give some relief ,,,i hope???
:bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:
yea, then you can keep up with your group in VA.... ;) Seriously I hope it helps Rob!!!

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Looks good, but my legs are too long to do something like that LOL, Nice color of a 9 by the way !!

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Rob, i know exactly where you are coming from with this. I have to constantly change position of my legs when standing or sitting. 30 yrs on concrete will do that to ya. They look good. The real question is are they functional for you, which i am sure you'll let us know when you get to ride a ways on it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
i would love to be able to bend my legs on long rides! the exhaust ist happy when i put my boot on it :dontknow: i am gonna see if i can make an easily removable set of pegs like that. its always nice to be able to curl up to "stretch"!

·
Registered
741 Posts
I just needed a place to stretch back my knees on long rides,

I'm not as young as alot of you guys :redfaced:
I thought you were putting them on there for those hot Babes that ride around with you...:bigthumbsup:

With their feet on those pegs, you can use their legs as an arm rest...

·
Registered
860 Posts
Good theory, Rob. On my long rides I will hang my toes over the passenger foot pegs to stretch and change positions. How come your bike comes out blue in the pictures? Maybe it's my computer.

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Lol Thanks Nemo, I have a 36 inseam ,but I'm limber :-0
LOL I rest the back of my ankles on the front pegs when stretching is needed. My legs are straight but i have to remember they are there when going around corners. My heels drag if i don't LOL

·
Registered
4,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good theory, Rob. On my long rides I will hang my toes over the passenger foot pegs to stretch and change positions. How come your bike comes out blue in the pictures? Maybe it's my computer.
naw, Notheing is wrong with your screen
i changed it back to the Le colors
want to buy my Naner Skins ?:joke:

I thought you were putting them on there for those hot Babes that ride around with you...:bigthumbsup:

With their feet on those pegs, you can use their legs as an arm rest...
:D

LOL I rest the back of my ankles on the front pegs when stretching is needed. My legs are straight but i have to remember they are there when going around corners. My heels drag if i don't LOL
Yea i Try that too ,but the pegs rub the Hale out of my calves :-\

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,874 Posts
For me that would probably actually work, or with my pipes they could go down a little further. I'd love to have a regular set of pegs so I could stand up and stretch a little once in a while. Hard to do with the front mount pegs unless you like doing pullups.

I think it's a great idea and great job doing them Rob. I might look into that, as long as they don't interfere with backing the bike up. The width of this thing combined with short legs works with the front pegs, but I'm not sure how it would do with mid mounts. Might give that a try. :bigthumbsup::bigthumbsup:

For you guys with knee problems, try angling your pegs up. I put a screw between the base and mount on mine to angle them up, and it made a world of difference. If you look at how your legs go out and how the pegs are positioned you'll see you have to either twist your knees or ankles to get them to sit flat on the pegs. Angling them up lets your feet fit on them naturally.

And let's not talk about age. I've got almost 1.5 DECADES on you. :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts