M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of my 109 with the lower exhaust tip incorrectly welded (installed) at the factory. It is turned out away from the bike at a 45 degree angle. I hadn't even noticed until someone pointed it out to me ;)
Thought I would ask for a new set of pipes from Suzuki but I think it is cool to have it different...

What do you think should I get new ones from Suzuki???

·
Registered
343 Posts
Both the top and bottom are out of location. Get a new set of factory pipes from the dealer. I can't believe they sold the bike to you and didn't notice that. On the other hand, I believe it. :cus: :swear: :edit:

·
Registered
289 Posts
I would go and get new pipes.. If one day you decide to sell it and someone is about to buy it, notices the pipes look a little odd. hmmmmmm

One good point, you can pick your bike out of a crowd of other 109s's..... :p

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
OYChoppa said:
Both the top and bottom are out of location. Get a new set of factory pipes from the dealer. I can't believe they sold the bike to you and didn't notice that. On the other hand, I believe it. :cus: :swear: :edit:
The top one is wrong as well????

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I'd sure get some new ones on there!! Some things look cool if they are different from everything else, but that just looks screwy.

but that's just my opinion. :confused:

·
Registered
287 Posts
:eek: Yeah dude that needs to be corrected ASAP. I love my 109 and all but those guys at the dealers really don't know shiiit about this bike. That is ridiculous!

·
Registered
151 Posts
JR, I agree with the sucky dealers, and I attribute the problem to not caring if what they do is not done right! Don't know if it's pure laziness or what but they definately Do NOT have any care about "doin' it right the first time" or measure twice- cut once ETC. :mad:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the census is unanimous... I will head to the dealership today, and let you know what the y say...

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
That look is WAYYYYYYYY uncool! Make Suzuki give you new ones. Maybe you can make a 2 into 1 pipe out of your old ones if allowed to keep them as some one did on this site. :doorag:

·
Registered
525 Posts
How do you screw that up? Maybe they thought the customer wouldn't figure it out. :verymad:

·
Registered
326 Posts
Thats a damn shame.

Somebody needs a head crackin'.

·
Registered
686 Posts
That is just wrong. I believe the longest part is supposed to be right at the top, not angled either way. Yours have them both angled different ways. Yeah, they really need to fix that.

·
Registered
817 Posts
From the pictures, it appears that the top one is correct. It is NOT supposed to be exactly perpendicular. They are both supposed to be angled slightly outward and away from the bike. Bottom one is way way OFF.

I agree with everyone else -- it looks stupid. :confused:

·
Registered
411 Posts
silverman said:
I guess Suzuki doesn't enforce random drug testing :cop:

I was thinking exactly the same thing. Either that or it was one hell of a party the weekend before ::)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts