M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well,it's the 13th. of October,and it's colder than a well diggers arse! Was planning on ruiding up through central Indiana and taking in the fall folage. This crap really sucks,big time. I know allot of you are farther north than I am. :(

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Yeah..I'm in North-western Illinois...it's currently 52 and I've thought about hitting a few haunted houses tonight on the bike...but it is supposed to get down to 19!
I'm going to take the cage for 2 reasons...I like myself better than that and it's MUCH easier to take a whole herd of people in a cage!

I'm betting money that I'll be riding the rest of the weekend though! It's supposed to be nearly 60 degrees!!! :evil: :super: :doorag:

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Ron S said:
Well,it's the 13th. of October,and it's colder than a well diggers arse! Was planning on ruiding up through central Indiana and taking in the fall folage. This crap really sucks,big time. I know allot of you are farther north than I am. :(
North Eastern Pa.......Had 25 degrees this a.m with a good frost on the car. Guess we are lucky! Buffalo N.Y. had 20 inches of wet snow :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
Buffalo, NY deserves 20 inches of wet snow.
If I hadn't gotten the job that I have...I was moving to Roswell, NM because of the perfect riding weather year round!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm still planning on a few last rides before the white stuff of doom falls from the sky.

Looking to Ride as long as it's not raining and the temp is above 55 on the weekends of 10/13 and 10/20. if any one is interested in hooking up PM me.

RRZ

·
Registered
288 Posts
I hope to get out a few more times before the season ends. I have to hold on to the bike as long as I can since I am turning it over to a local chromer to get my wheels done over the winter.

By the way the chromer is out of Addison Illinois and they do freat work. I saw a rim for a 109 they were working on this summer and can vouch they do good work. They are a bit pricey at $850 but it is local and I have seen their work.

·
Registered
6,298 Posts
Sounds like a great ride ITS "LEATHER WEATHER" YEE HAAA!!!

Okanagan Valley B.C. Canada
64 °F
Mainly sunny
P.O.P.: 0%
Wind: 5 km/h
S

·
Registered
4 Posts
As much as I like wearing leather, it's sad to know the season is coming to an end. Looks like today was washout since it rained most of the day. Next weekend (10/20) still looks promising though.

Speaking of cold weather and cold weather gear, what kind of tips and tricks do you use on the colder rides to keep warm? (Other than the standard layers)

·
Registered
192 Posts
ttmaxx said:
I hope to get out a few more times before the season ends. I have to hold on to the bike as long as I can since I am turning it over to a local chromer to get my wheels done over the winter.

By the way the chromer is out of Addison Illinois and they do freat work. I saw a rim for a 109 they were working on this summer and can vouch they do good work. They are a bit pricey at $850 but it is local and I have seen their work.
Hey ttmaxx,

I'm in Plainfield, IL and will be looking atchroming some parts during the winter. Can you share the business name of the chromer in Addison? If not on this thread, can you please PM me?

Thanks.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey M109er,

Per your request:
Exotic Polishing & Motorsports
300 Fay Street
Addison, IL 60101
630-458-1182

You can talk with Dan or Jim Blankenship.
Let them know Tony referred you. depending on how much you plan to spend they will store the bike over the winter. You do have to put down a deposit to reserve your space. I am taking mine in sometime in late November or early December.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Hey ttmaxx,

Thanks for the info.

I'll definitely look them up. I have a three car garage and it stays mostly in the lower 60' sduring hte winter...maybe mid 50's when it's really cold outside. :bigthumbsup:

Thanks again. We'll have to plan a ride early next spring/summer.

Take care.

Wayne

1 - 11 of 11 Posts