M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forum. Just got my 9 three days ago. It's new but an 09. When I start the bike cold, it just barely will idle high enough to run. Is this normal? It even died after starting it cold once. After a minute or so it idles on up like it should, but I figured with fuel injection it should kinda race the engine a little when started cold. Any input would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
put more miles on it, and it should idle better they idle slow at first, mine did it and a buddys did the same. if it gets worse take it to dealer for warranty work. and welcome to the forum. DONT RACE A COLD ENGINE, BAD, VERY BAD

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was hoping it was something like that (just being new). I appreciate it. Otherwise the bike has been awesome!

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand not to race a cold engine. I'm just comparing it with my fuel injected cars that start up cold with a bit of a high idle and then they idle down after a minute.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
:welcome: Mine did the same. It ran very lean so I put a PC-V in it. Start up idle is better.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
First , Welcome to the forums Antmore
:bigthumbsup:
when you start the bike do you let it go thru
its motions , Key on ,kill switch button ON ,
then you ear the fuel pump for a while and the RPM
leds go up and come back down , then you start it ,
makes a big difference when I start it too early.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,862 Posts
Mine doesn't idle much faster than the normal idle when it's cold, unless it's really cold out. I think the highest I've ever seen it idle when cold was maybe 1100 rpms, and even then it slows down to normal idle speed in a minute or so.

·
Registered
349 Posts
Mine doesn't idle much faster than the normal idle when it's cold, unless it's really cold out. I think the highest I've ever seen it idle when cold was maybe 1100 rpms, and even then it slows down to normal idle speed in a minute or so.
Same here

1 - 8 of 8 Posts