M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today was a beautiful day here in South Dakota. I just could not resist going out for a ride. 37 degrees makes for and exhilarating half hour ride. Felt really good and was pretty neat to ride when the roads are clear but snow everywere else. The big bonus was all the looks people give you when you are out.

·
Registered
1,722 Posts
Right On:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
169 Posts
Today was a beautiful day here in South Dakota. I just could not resist going out for a ride. 37 degrees makes for and exhilarating half hour ride. Felt really good and was pretty neat to ride when the roads are clear but snow everywere else. The big bonus was all the looks people give you when you are out.
take some pictures next time and post them.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,852 Posts
If it gets up to the mid 30's like they are predicting this weekend, I'll be riding. I did see one biker early this week going up the interstate and it was only in the low 20's, but that's a little below my tolerance level.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If it gets up to the mid 30's like they are predicting this weekend, I'll be riding. I did see one biker early this week going up the interstate and it was only in the low 20's, but that's a little below my tolerance level.
For the most part I stayed in town. I did get the itch for a little speed so I hit the interstate and that was a little brisk to say the least.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
They're probably thinking is this guy nuts or what?

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
I was yackin with the threads today and looked out the window, And what did I see? SUNSHINE< OMG, it has been over a week of rain, 45 degrees and a nice little ride today, Big storm blowing in tomorrow and flooding to come.......

·
Registered
711 Posts
Good for you to get out there on 2 wheels. Snow is on the ground here, last day on the bike was 11/30 just out to fill the tank. I was hoping to get some more pavement time in but nature thought differently.

I did manage to get a couple of 250 mile days in early November so I am thankful for that, even though i did almost perish due to very cold weather at the time and my lack of suitable riding attire.

·
Registered
96 Posts
:agree: I rode to/from work this week on thu and fri and got lots of stares. Jealous :D. Friday was bit dicey though on the ride in since there was frost on the roads in a couple of places. Just took it nice and easy. The ride home in 50+ degrees was well worth it!! 50 never felt so warm :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
That is deffinetly the look they had on there faces and it was great. Loved every minute of it.
I took my 9 out for a ride around town a couple weekends ago. It was about 37, 38 deg, and by the time I got home, I was thinking I was nuts! I won't be doing that again. Anything below about 45 and the bike stays parked!

·
Registered
608 Posts
The people staring at you are right.

You guys ARE nuts.

:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts