M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to beat a dead horse.

for those of you out there who have the slashdowns, do you think Cobra maybe trying to pull the wool over our eyes with the "computer generated mistake." It's almost like they needed to use parts already available (i.e. baffles, bottom + top pipe from longshots). If they made the slashdowns like the original picture, the top baffle would have to be made shorter, etc. etc.... and would cost them more in overhead and manufacturing.

I was just thinking.......

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
SpeedStack said:
Sorry to beat a dead horse.

for those of you out there who have the slashdowns, do you think Cobra maybe trying to pull the wool over our eyes with the "computer generated mistake." It's almost like they needed to use parts already available (i.e. baffles, bottom + top pipe from longshots). If they made the slashdowns like the original picture, the top baffle would have to be made shorter, etc. etc.... and would cost them more in overhead and manufacturing.

I was just thinking.......
Bottom and top pipe are not from the longshots, they are longer than the longshots. ::)

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lamonster said:
Bottom and top pipe are not from the longshots, they are longer than the longshots. ::)
still don't make sense.... maybe they should change the name of the longshots to " almost as long as the slashdowns that weren't supposed to be longer than the longshots but are because of a computer error"

I'm new to cruisers, and this is the first time buying a Cobra product..Is this the norm?

·
Registered
87 Posts
SpeedStack said:
still don't make sense.... maybe they should change the name of the longshots to " almost as long as the slashdowns that weren't supposed to be longer than the longshots but are because of a computer error"

I'm new to cruisers, and this is the first time buying a Cobra product..Is this the norm?
Too bad Yoshi won't be making a kit, or heck, even an Akropovich :eek: :D

G

·
I had heard or read somewhere that Suzuki is making racing parts for these in the Asian market only. What those parts consist of I am not sure. I would have thought Yoshimura would have stepped up because of their relationship with Suzuki and the obvious sporting nature of this bike. That doesnt stop any of us from making a homegrown exhaust though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts