M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Being that it is a promo video made by Cobra, I'd expect them to sound great...LOL. :D

I like the looks of them but was a bit disappointed when some of the folks that have heard the pipe in person commented on how quiet they are. :mad:

They sure do look nice! :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
8,311 Posts
Nice balance of looks and sound...not too loud,with a nice little rumble when you get on it....:hot::hot:

·
Registered
5,840 Posts
How loud are they compared to drilled stock pipes?
Hopefully no louder than the un-drilled stock pipes.
Drilled pipes sound like sheet! You can have em.
I ordered the Cobra's on the word that they are quiet.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just an update. The note sound has gotten deeper once the pipe breaks in.

·
Registered
2,737 Posts
You guys wouldn't happen to know if they increase the HP over stock or not would you.
Anyone done a dyno compare from stock to these.
They look great ! Just wondering if they perform great.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have not dynoed mine. I felt no need since at this time I have a FI2000R and stock intakes with K&N's in them.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've only been running mine for about 100 miles now and I love the sound of these things under acceleration. The crappy thing is if your above 2500 rpm and let off the throttle it rappes....kinda like some ol hillbilly running blue bottles on his farm truck! I have heard this is common when you have a 2 into 1 exhaust system.... wish I would have known this before as I WOULD NOT have made the purchase.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I've only been running mine for about 100 miles now and I love the sound of these things under acceleration. The crappy thing is if your above 2500 rpm and let off the throttle it rappes....kinda like some ol hillbilly running blue bottles on his farm truck! I have heard this is common when you have a 2 into 1 exhaust system.... wish I would have known this before as I WOULD NOT have made the purchase.
mine sounded WAY better after I put some miles thru them. I regretted the purchase at first too.....but let em get broken in. Now they sound respectable.

·
Registered
22 Posts
mine sounded WAY better after I put some miles thru them. I regretted the purchase at first too.....but let em get broken in. Now they sound respectable.
Thats good to hear gene.... going on a 3000 mile trip next week...that should get em broke in. :D

·
xxx
210 Posts
You guys wouldn't happen to know if they increase the HP over stock or not would you.
Anyone done a dyno compare from stock to these.
They look great ! Just wondering if they perform great.
Had mine dyno'd this week. 108.0 hp and 98.3 for torque. That's with K&N's and Ducks mod.

I don't think they've really added anything to the performance. They were a lot cheaper than a stock exhaust after my accident and allowed me to lower my passenger floorboards which made my wife happy.

I actually find them a little too loud but that's probably based as much on the high pitch of the pipe as the actual decibel level. I miss the sound of the stock exhaust but my wife loves the legroom.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've put about 500+ clicks on mine and I love them. I really like the decel sound too, almost like theres something mean and nasty slowing down:bigthumbsup:

I also like that I can control the sound of them. I can blip the throttle and make them bark or rev out a gear and let off for that distinctive decel sound, or cruise normally easing on the throttle and I can still hear my iPod and be under the radar when passing bored officers. Great pipes IMO, but not for everybody I'm sure.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Had mine dyno'd this week. 108.0 hp and 98.3 for torque. That's with K&N's and Ducks mod.

I don't think they've really added anything to the performance. They were a lot cheaper than a stock exhaust after my accident and allowed me to lower my passenger floorboards which made my wife happy.

I actually find them a little too loud but that's probably based as much on the high pitch of the pipe as the actual decibel level. I miss the sound of the stock exhaust but my wife loves the legroom.
Those are the same as stock numbers. Add a fuel manager and I bet those numbers go up...

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Dynos will differ so it is not really accurate unless you all use the same dyno.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts