M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys have been told that if you block the hoses on top of the heads with ball bearings or marbels that it will get rid of the popping from the pipes my question is will not hurt the bike in anyway if you do this

·
Registered
207 Posts
hi guys have been told that if you block the hoses on top of the heads with ball bearings or marbels that it will get rid of the popping from the pipes my question is will not hurt the bike in anyway if you do this
Did it to my new 09 109 and havent had a drama with my Hacker Pipes

·
Registered
418 Posts
thought you were packin ya bag and ball and goin home

·
Registered
453 Posts
Why don't you just install a power commander.
Do it properly the first time instead of hacking it..... or am I missing something here?
Paul

·
Registered
418 Posts
back in black :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
418 Posts
A few more mods Gurd-sperm and it will look just like a 109 again....
dont think so much faster and better looking not to menstion handleing

·
Registered
11 Posts
YES! install a marble / ball bearing into the hose and it stops all the "popping" etc.
I understand that on a standard bike it will lean out the idle mixture a little but with no ill effects?
The computer will "learn" a new MAP and adjust / fine tune!

·
Registered
418 Posts
[QoesUOTE=bigricky1;1257179]How about a fat arse on it......[/QUOTE]
does look good

·
Registered
285 Posts
I dont recall blocking anything off when I fitted my Swepts. I do run the PCIII, but no dramas with popping. There was a short time between the pipes and when I fitted the PCIII too.

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Why don't you just install a power commander.
Do it properly the first time instead of hacking it..... or am I missing something here?
Paul
have fitted a pcv still pops alittle they say if you block off the hoses it gets rid of the pops for good

·
Registered
365 Posts
Mine popped alot when I put my holley air on so I did the pair valves and now it only pops very rarely.

·
Registered
418 Posts
my arse pops often :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts