M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys all my orders came in and after a talk with my mechanic, i think that Im screwed, for some reason the combo of Cobra Swept Pipes and the new Power Commander V with an Autotuner will not work together on my 2009 LE M109r. Now I know that i can get the pipes and power commander only to work but what about the Autotuner? Im told that the Autotuner needs two oxygen censors and there's only one with my unit, and the pipes need two bungs for the censors to connect, one on each pipe and the Cobra Swept Pipes has none.

Does any one use this combo?
How did you get all three to work together?
HELP............HELP?

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Not true. I run the P5 with an autotune with the Taz shorty pipe... you only need one O2 sensor. Now my exhaust is a 2into1 so I don't no how the 2into2 works with this set up. (should not be that different)

Placement of the O2 sensor is very important.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Not true. I run the P5 with an autotune with the Taz shorty pipe... you only need one O2 sensor. Now my exhaust is a 2into1 so I don't no how the 2into2 works with this set up. (should not be that different)

Placement of the O2 sensor is very important.
Seems that is where you're fine and he is not, on the swepts the O2 sensor will only be reading one cylinder, but I would think there would be a way to adjust for his:dontknow:
just my .02

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,870 Posts
If you only have one O2 sensor, put it in the pipe for the rear cylinder. They normally run a little hotter and it will add some extra fuel to compensate. That will make the front cylinder a little rich, but better rich than lean.

You'll need to have the bung welded to the pipe, any exhaust shop or friend that is good with a MIG welder can do that. Put the bung 8 to 12" from the cylinder head, and towards the back of the pipe so you can't see it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Zoom i just got back from the shop, and decided to go ahead without the Autotuner for now til i find a solution

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you only have one O2 sensor, put it in the pipe for the rear cylinder. They normally run a little hotter and it will add some extra fuel to compensate. That will make the front cylinder a little rich, but better rich than lean.

You'll need to have the bung welded to the pipe, any exhaust shop or friend that is good with a MIG welder can do that. Put the bung 8 to 12" from the cylinder head, and towards the back of the pipe so you can't see it.
oh yeah i was also told this causes rusting? what do you think

·
Registered
151 Posts

:agree:

On my 09 with the swepts, the auto-tune is on the rear cylinder since it runs a little hotter.

·
Registered
547 Posts
I asked this question to the Power commander guys and here is what they said.

" To be honest with you in our testing we have not seen a dramatic difference between the 2 cylinders on the Suzuki models so monitoring both cylinders may be overkill.

If you have any other questions please let us know. Thanks."

I was actually asking if I needed to add an AT100 to the system to allow me to monitor both cylinders like on a Harley but anyway you only need one on the 109

·
Registered
2,185 Posts
I believe our 9s both cycilanders run so close together that you do only need 1 O2 senser, unlike the harleys where the cycilenders run way to differant and need the 2 O2 sensors to run right

·
Registered
198 Posts
For those that have the Cobra Swepts, does anyone happen to have a photo of their O2 sensor installed in the rear pipe? I just got my PC V and I'm going to get the Auto Tune, but I want to put the sensor out of sight.

Smitty

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
For those that have the Cobra Swepts, does anyone happen to have a photo of their O2 sensor installed in the rear pipe? I just got my PC V and I'm going to get the Auto Tune, but I want to put the sensor out of sight.

Smitty
GREAT QUESTION!!!!
cause i plan to just do mine myself.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Got the PC-V installed today. I'm waiting for the rain to back off so I can try it out under a load. I loaded the map for the Cobra Swepts and have to say it was all a lot easier than I thought it would be to get everything set up. I haven't bought the Auto Tune yet. I want to see how it does without the Auto Tune, but I still see it in the near future.

Does anyone happen to have a photo of the O2 sensor for the Auto Tune installed on a set of Cobra Swept pipes? ?????????

Smitty

·
Registered
547 Posts

Smitty
Haven't got mine either. I just installed the PCV yesterday and also had the sleeper mod added at the same time. I already had a PCIII so it was a piece of cake. I will probably need to wait a week or two to get the autotune, plus I have to get with Bull'e when he has some time to put in the O2 bung for the sensor.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts