M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone. I had my cobra swept pipes installed on my bike a couple years ago and just recently decided to remove the baffles. It sounds GREAT!! But does the Dynojet Power Commander (installed when i got the pipes on) need to be adjusted now?

·
Registered
195 Posts
:congrats:I am unsure, but i debaffled mine a couple weeks after getting them and you are right, they sound awesome. Get ready to set off a lot of alarms. even when u try to keep the idle low, the backfire will set them off. I gotta get my funds together to get that PC3

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I got the Volocity road burners about two years ago..Their sounding nice now. I know the air filters where getting dirty the why the bike was running.
so I changed them out for the K and Ns. You can feel the difference. Thought when i changed them out i'd have to mess with the pc but it runs good so i left it alone.

If it runs good leave it alone.

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
A Power Commander that has been tuned to your intake/exhaust characteristics cannot change your A/F mixture when you upgrade an exhaust or intake nor can your ECU. Make a change and your map is off...can it still "feel" like it runs good...sure, but it's still not tuned to the change. This is the main reason why many members use a fuel processor that doesn't need a dyno to "tune to perfection" With out checking the A/F on a dyno your only guessing how it's actually running...if you removed your baffles then it's leaner then it was unless your using a stock intake, then it may be less of an issue. But unless you have it checked on a dyno...you won't know for sure.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.