M109 Rider Forums banner

Cobra Swept Pipes - Would you buy them or buy them again?

• Pipes are AWESOME regardless! Love em!

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Pipes are good but ... could be better.

Votes: 8 26.7%
  • Will definitely buy in the future just the way they are!

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Would seriously consider them if ... redesigned / improved

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • The grinding is terrible, undesirable, or ruins a perfect set of pipes!

Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Pipes are aweful / Would not consider - Stay away!

Votes: 3 10.0%
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

The purpose of this poll is gather information regarding your opinions of these pipes and whether or not you think the pipes should be redesigned in the front to prevent grinding. I've been in contact with one of Cobra's CSRs who tells me there are no reported issues regarding their pipes grinding. Please select all that apply to you!

I'd really like to hear from current or past owners of these pipes. Please include what you like and dislike. For common issues like the incessant grinding, please offer some solutions Cobra may be interested in hearing. Would you buy these pipes again knowing what you know, and/or would you recommend them to others?

Also, I'd like to hear from those potential buyers. Would you buy these pipes because they are great looking pipes regardless of the grinding; or, does the well known grinding issue prevent you from buying these pipes?

Thank you for your time!

I've included a picture of the pipes from Cobra's official website:
http://www.cobrausa.com/exhaust_det...e=MotorcycleExhausts&product=Speedster Swept#

·
Registered
16,261 Posts
I have them, love them. No issues w/ dragging but my bike is stock height.Only been on the bike for a month and a half too though. Baffles out, love the sound. Yeah, I would buy them again. They mounted w/ no issues as well. They make the bike look sexxay!!

Overall, very happy w/ them!!:bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
If the lower pipe didn't have that flat section right past the foot peg, I would have bought them. I love the curvy design but just couldn't get past that flat section.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have them but yet to put them on. From what I've read they hang lower than the stock pipes so I'm expecting to have an issue since i scrapped the hell out of my stock pipes this past Sunday.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Layed the bike down last Sunday and destroyed my swepts.Yes they will scrape at stock height i scraped mine but you have to lay on the ground to see the scrape marks.I had the dealer order me another set but this time the baffles will not be installed i love the look and they get a lot of attention.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I love mine, easy install, look great, no dragging at stock hight my pegs drag first. I personally will not not put looks over ride-a-bilty on anything, lowering the bike sure does make it look good but at what cost? Paying good money for something then scarping it across the road makes no sense to me, but to each his own! lowering your bike and bragging about dragging just kills me, if you want to drag put a lift kit on your bike then drag your pipes, lol

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the responses so far everyone! It seems lowering the bike might be the largest culprit with them grinding?

They are perfect pipes for a lot of us. They complement the lines of the bike.They are throaty but not to loud. They do make a statement when you crank on the throttle. Love my sweeps. :doorag::hot:
I'm very glad to read this! If the majority feels this way, I just might pull the trigger on these pipes. Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Swepts

I really enjoy my swepts. The only bad thing to say is they do have the tendency to scrape and im still at stock height. but you really have to be hanging a right turn hard to scrape and the scratches are not that noticable. The scrape bothers you then after that you dont think about it anymore. Love the sound I still have baffles in mine. Could not get them out after leaving them in for so long. Think they sound fine with baffles in.

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
If the lower pipe didn't have that flat section right past the foot peg, I would have bought them. I love the curvy design but just couldn't get past that flat section.
good point bobby, don't think i could get past the flat spot as well. my biggest dislike of the pipes, is that they are too long. the curves flow nicely with the bike. just wish they were about a foot shorter.

i have a pipe in mind already though.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts