M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am thinking of swapping out the stock exhaust with a Cobra Swept system. I am looking for a loud throaty grumble like the old hot rods that once ruled the roads. How do these pipes sound with the baffles in versus without? If anyone has experience with these pipes, please let me know your thoughts on these pipes or if others believe I should be looking at different pipes to get that sound I am looking for please let me know. Thanks.......

·
Registered
547 Posts
If your looking for a great sound and great looks these are great. If your looking for top performance there probably better choices out there. I love mine. What I might give up in performance I gain in looks and compliments.

Oh yeah I almost forgot because I am so use to it. If your bike is lowered at all the Cobra swepts will scrape a bit before your peg do on a right turn, so if that hinders your riding at all you might want to reconsider. I don't scrape too often but I did today. It was beautiful outside. :)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I have the swepts and I love them. As Rusty said, there are better pipes for performance gains, but when coupled with an air intake mod and a fuel management system, I think the Cobras do net somewhat of a gain. Just how much I don't know as I've never had my bike dynoed. As far as their sound, I like these pipes better than any others I've heard so far. They are pretty damn loud with the baffles in, I don't know how anyone can stand them without the baffles. I've never scraped mine, but I also haven't lowered my 9 either. I highly recommend these pipes.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have the hard krome dual radius pipes. They sound freakin awesome and cost the same or less.

·
Registered
501 Posts
i run samson street sweepers,they have a throaty sound especially at lower rpm's. they cost about $600 and some change at phat performance.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I've got Vance and Hines Big Shots.... nice deep and throaty sound with great power. I love them, but I would say that they have more of a 'tight' 'modern' sounds to them. I don't know that any 109 exhaust will sound all that much like an old hotrod...

Have a look though youtude, for M109R exhaust sound etc and you can listen to all the different pipes. Hope this helps and good luck finding the sound you want. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
These are my hard Krome. Yes it is in a garage,but no it is not quieter. They are louder outside and under acceleration.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts