M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to get an idea about the installation of my new pipes. From looking at the instructions it doesn't seem that complicated. The local dealer's rates are $95.00, and they will charge me for 3 hours to install the pipes. Is this something I can do, or should I pay the stealership... I meant the dealership

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
3 hours?

That is rape.

Pipes are easy. Just follow the instructions and you will be fine.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I agree, installed my Slashdowns myself and was not that hard. The heat shields took most of the time of installation as they are 2 long pieces.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I put mine on last week and it wasn't too bad. I used this "how to" when installing mine http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67376&highlight=cobra . The pipes are different, but the link covers everything that the Cobra instructions fail to make clear. It took about an hour to get the old system off one night and an hour to put the new pipes on the next night. The heat shields are a pain, but it's worth it.

Smitty

·
Registered
219 Posts
cobra swepts

First mod I ever did was swepts, didn't have a clue what I was doing just followed instructions and took my time used some common sense and it all went pretty smooth. Long as you have the right tools and are patient it is no big deal what so ever. Matter of fact if you take your time you can do most mods by yourself, it gets kind of addicting. Patience and common sense and great posts by other riders here helped me do mine.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Im not much of a mechanic or gear head, but was able to intall my swepts pretty easily. Patients is the vertue when it come to the heat sheilds at least for me it was! My problem ended up being that I didn't quite have the head pipes lined up right with the main section. I had left every thing a little loose and a "slight" nug wiggled everything into place.

In other words tackle it yourself!!! Good Luck!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts