M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got mine today and found the same as everyone else. It seems that there are two problems.

(1) The top heat shield is about 1" too short. (Fix: call Cobra and get the correct ones, which appear to be in the Cobra Long box.  Not too big of a deal.)

(2) The people at Cobra are apparently saying that their site image of the Slashdowns are just a computer rendering, and that they are going to be longer than the Cobra Longs. (Fix: Complain, Threat, Treachery, etc. etc. For them to make good on this they are going to have to throw away just about all but the header pipes, and re-design)

I think I'm just going to get the fix for (1), a longer upper heat shield, and wait for you guys to complain to Cobra about the length, and hopefully Cobra will fix it.  Then I'll complain.

I just got off the phone with the people at Cobra, and they are sending out a new top heat shield today. They just packaged it wrong.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Could there be a "False Advertising" issue here? Any Legal scholars out there with knowledge on this? Maybe if someone mentioned this in a coversation with Cobra they'd be more willing to correct the problem instead of shrugging their shoulders and saying "Oh, well... they're a little longer. Live with it."

1 - 2 of 2 Posts