M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Untill I get my shock hooked back up I can't give you a riding sound file like I did on the last one but here is one sitting on the stand. It sounds pretty good and look great on the bike. :bigthumbsup: This picture is not that great. I'll take a better one when it's put back together.

http://www.m109riders.com/cobraslashdowns.WAV

 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ppridgen1 said:
they do sound good Lamont,are they every bit as loud as the dragsters?and to another subject how's the shock thing commin' along
Perry
I would say they are not as loud as the dragsters. Seems like they are in the middle of my baffled dragsters and the wide open dragsters.

They are sending me the new part for the shock today so I should have it tomorrow. I'm put pipes on Hal's bike tomorrow too so I should have my hands full. :eek:
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
J R said:
Which ones do you personally like better Lamont ?
These, looks and sound.

Just got off the phone with Cobra and they are going to call me back and let me know if we have a problem with all the Slashdowns or just mine. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
I like the sound and assume this means you found some way to mount what they sent you. They're longer than I expected re: the Cobra pic, but I can live with a different power curve as long as they sent enough pieces to assemble them. Keep me posted. This waiting to find out what happens next to my bike keeps me from focusing so much on other issues. What's the deal with the shock mount, or is this a separate issue?
Jer
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jerbear said:
I like the sound and assume this means you found some way to mount what they sent you. They're longer than I expected re: the Cobra pic, but I can live with a different power curve as long as they sent enough pieces to assemble them. Keep me posted. This waiting to find out what happens next to my bike keeps me from focusing so much on other issues. What's the deal with the shock mount, or is this a separate issue?
Jer
Do a search.....just kidding. :joke:
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1753.msg21735#msg21735

Hope you're healing up okay. ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
put my cobra slash down pipes on friday and guess what the top pipe is longer than the heat shield. i was unable to put the tips on, cobra will send the parts this week. they do sound good. i also installed the fi2000r with the pipes and it runs great so far. my files are to big to post and i don't know how to shrink'm so i sent them to hal and maybe he'l post them for all to see.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
289 Posts
moto said:
put my cobra slash down pipes on friday and guess what the top pipe is longer than the heat shield. i was unable to put the tips on, cobra will send the parts this week. they do sound good. i also installed the fi2000r with the pipes and it runs great so far. my files are to big to post and i don't know how to shrink'm so i sent them to hal and maybe he'l post them for all to see.
You installed them yourself? Cannot wait to here it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Lamonster said:
Untill I get my shock hooked back up I can't give you a riding sound file like I did on the last one but here is one sitting on the stand. It sounds pretty good and look great on the bike. :bigthumbsup: This picture is not that great. I'll take a better one when it's put back together.

http://www.m109riders.com/cobraslashdowns.WAV

My Slashdown's were shipped thursday from Directline, should be here in San Diego on Wed/Thurs. I hope they match what was posted on the Cobra website as far as length. I really don't like the tips going all the way to the rear tire.

I really do like the sound; Thanks Lamonster for all your efforts.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
no i did'nt. and i'll tell you why. these pipes has a SET valve or cam what ever you choose to call it. cobra allowed for this, so to hook up cables i new would be hell. i did alot of my own mods but not this one.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
emvanderpol said:
My Slashdown's were shipped thursday from Directline, should be here in San Diego on Wed/Thurs. I hope they match what was posted on the Cobra website as far as length. I really don't like the tips going all the way to the rear tire.

I really do like the sound; Thanks Lamonster for all your efforts.
Still haven't heard back from them yet but I'm guessing you are going to have the same problem. ::) Don't take your bike apart yet. :confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
moto said:
put my cobra slash down pipes on friday and guess what the top pipe is longer than the heat shield. i was unable to put the tips on, cobra will send the parts this week. they do sound good. i also installed the fi2000r with the pipes and it runs great so far. my files are to big to post and i don't know how to shrink'm so i sent them to hal and maybe he'l post them for all to see.
How far do the tips go back. Are they like the Cobra web pictures, or do they match that of the Cobra Longs like Lamonsters do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
i did'nt like it either and when i asked cobra they told me they run all the way to the end of tire as you see and told me the picture was computer generated.
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
moto said:
no i did'nt. and i'll tell you why. these pipes has a SET valve or cam what ever you choose to call it. cobra allowed for this, so to hook up cables i new would be hell. i did alot of my own mods but not this one.
That part was pretty easy.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=855.0
The real booger wasa getting the heat shield clamps on and in the right place. I had to take the mounting bracket completly off and it was still a bear. :realmad:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
moto said:
i did'nt like it either and when i asked cobra they told me they run all the way to the end of tire as you see and told me the picture was computer generated.
We'll that's BS. Can they be cut/trimmed to match what they are advertised to be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
i just wonder what lamont did when he could'nt get the little chrome piece back on that goes under the side panel?
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
moto said:
i did'nt like it either and when i asked cobra they told me they run all the way to the end of tire as you see and told me the picture was computer generated.
If that is the case then the top shield (back) is 2" short. ::)
 

·
M109Riders Founder
Joined
·
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
moto said:
i just wonder what lamont did when he could'nt get the little chrome piece back on that goes under the side panel?
Same thing as the Dragsters.

Remove the right side cover above the exhaust (steel). Remove bushing from side cover for later use. This cover will not go back on the bike unless you plan on cutting it to fit. You will reuse the bushing.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
936 Posts
ok i just saw the link, guess maybe i'll cut mine later.(side plate) i guess if i slowdown lamont will have all these pic. and instructions posted. thats how i did my liic. plate mod, followed his pic. and did just fine.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
110 Posts
Lamonster,

Could you give me a call 760-931-9100, or let me know how to call you. I'd like to get Cobra on the ball with this issue.

Thanks,
Gene
760-931-9100
(San Diego)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
849 Posts
I only suggested once that someone search first before I gave them all the answers and that was because his spelling style seemed way too Fritzian to me. Do u no wut i meen? Otherwise, my PMs are full of requests for info which I've happily provided, and my responses on-line have been specific, and I suspect helpful.
My Doc just called about the MRI and declared Stenosis in the L1 to L3 area. of the Lumbar region, particularly the L2 and L3. He is going to expedite as much as he can to get get me a Good man to work on it. In the meantime, he suggested I try to gut it out while he works on it, and use ER entrance as a last resort if all the meds he's prescribed can't keep me going.
I hope to be up and riding by the 4th with my new Slashdowns, and a new intake system. Did you and Hal notify Cobra and will they be sending out right parts to you guys that you will forward to us or will we have to do it individually when we try to mount the pipes? I only ask because obviously my box with the Cobras will be sitting in the garage for a few weeks and I'm hoping they'll be ready to go as soon as I am.
Again, beautiful sound clip.
Jer

Lamonster said:
Do a search.....just kidding. :joke:
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1753.msg21735#msg21735

Hope you're healing up okay. ::)
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top