M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Administrator
2008 M109R, 2016 FJR1300, 1999 VMax
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Check out the air/fuel ratio. This is NOT what I wanted to see.

Has anyone else dynoed their bike with a Cobra PowrPro? Please post your results.

Rectangle Font Parallel Pattern Circle

·
Banned
15,179 Posts
Keep it under 100 and you will be fine:D All these fancy dancy items. I'm fine with the fi2000r

·
Registered
497 Posts
intial pulls

without seeing what your bike did with stock or old programmer dont have anything to compare it against. Do you have info from old runs?? Dont know what you were expecting either? this bike is notorious for going lean specially if you done any mods. Havnt dealt with the the Cobra Auto tuner but since from what i read it only learns when at WOT it is going to take some driving before it really makes the correct adjustments. If you put it on and went right to dyno think the A/F#'s are going to be all F'd up. Again that's just my Opinion.

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is running WAY rich. With the Power Commander and the Supertrapp I had a couple of years ago it ran leaner and made better HP.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yea that not right at all

I would like to see more before after results. I just ordered mine and from what I hear it a great product but i really do want to see some numbers. I would hate forthisto be just some kind of sank oil and do more damage in the long run... Any one out there has access togetting some dyno's results or should we put some pressure on Cobra. See if we can conviince them to show us some accurate visua numbers..:dontknow:

·
Registered
206 Posts
This is running WAY rich. With the Power Commander and the Supertrapp I had a couple of years ago it ran leaner and made better HP.
Did you do the install and go straight to the dyno? Or did you run fast and hard through the gears a little bit. *Someone correct me if I'm worng*, but from my reading and understanding the PowerPro needs to be "broken in" sort of speak before it really locks into a ratio.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149826&highlight=powerpro

Here is a thread not comparing stock to PowerPro, but PP to the older FI2000 incase anyone is interested.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
You do have to run it a bit before putting it on the dyno. I tried to run it on the dyno before running it on the street for a bit and the AFR and power were really messed up.

·
Registered
206 Posts
You do have to run it a bit before putting it on the dyno. I tried to run it on the dyno before running it on the street for a bit and the AFR and power were really messed up.
This is the man you want to talk to :)

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Did you do the install and go straight to the dyno? Or did you run fast and hard through the gears a little bit. *Someone correct me if I'm worng*, but from my reading and understanding the PowerPro needs to be "broken in" sort of speak before it really locks into a ratio.

http://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=149826&highlight=powerpro

Here is a thread not comparing stock to PowerPro, but PP to the older FI2000 incase anyone is interested.
I've had it installed for a year...

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just sent the following to Cobra. I'll post the reply if/when I get one.

I bought a PowrPro when they first came out. After close to a year, I had the opportunity to put it on a dyno today. The A/F ratio was HORRIBLE! VERY rich. I have results scanned and wish to share them with you. Is this a defective unit or doesn't your product really work the way it is reputed to work?

·
Registered
139 Posts
I just sent the following to Cobra. I'll post the reply if/when I get one.

I bought a PowrPro when they first came out. After close to a year, I had the opportunity to put it on a dyno today.
The A/F ratio was HORRIBLE! VERY rich. I have results scanned and wish to share them with you. Is this a defectiive unit or doesn't your product really work the way it is reputed to work?
Im in the market for one so ill be watching to see how they reply

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Your HP looks pretty good but that AFR in the midrange is pretty messed up. I think I would forward it to Cobra and see what they say. Having it go above 14:1 isn't generally a good thing for the motor. It's running way too lean except at the very low end and the top end.

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I have a PowerPro and have been very happy with it. Somebody told me (and I don't know if it's true) that it has to relearn every time you ride the bike. This seems like a ridiculous statement but it has me wondering. My bike seems to run consistently every time i ride it and i dont always run it hard through the gears every time. Pete, did you ride the bike to the dyno or trailer it?

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I rode there. I had a passenger and rode conservatively. But it's supposed to sample and adjust 60 times per second according to the documentation, so even that should make no difference.

I have wondered from the outset because I do not get good gas mileage on the highway. I did, however, get 47+ MPG riding the twisties at the MAM last year.

·
Administrator
5,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Your HP looks pretty good but that AFR in the midrange is pretty messed up. I think I would forward it to Cobra and see what they say. Having it go above 14:1 isn't generally a good thing for the motor. It's running way too lean except at the very low end and the top end.
Yeah, I was misreading it. I was thinking it was too rich but you're right - that's 18 parts air to 1 part fuel... ugh!

So why is my fuel economy so $#itty?

·
Registered
206 Posts
For a year!! S*&!
Let me know what they say... I have mine arriving on Tuesday. So yikes!
Keep us up to date.

·
Registered
457 Posts
[email protected]!!! I got one waiting for me at home with a set of K & N stock replacements and V & H Big Shots. Keep us posted............thanks!

·
Registered
5,204 Posts
I rode there. I had a passenger and rode conservatively. But it's supposed to sample and adjust 60 times per second according to the documentation, so even that should make no difference.

I have wondered from the outset because I do not get good gas mileage on the highway. I did, however, get 47+ MPG riding the twisties at the MAM last year.
I always get good mileage in the twisties and I don't really understand why. I'm usually in a lower gear running high rpms and using a lot of engine braking.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts