M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I have purchased a Cobra Light Bar kit for the for the C. My question is do you have to install a "relay" into the circuit, like you have to in a motor vehicle. The instructions supplied are very brief, so i dont want to fry the electrical circuit by not installing a relay if one is required. Your proffessional advise would be much appreciated.:bigthumbsup:

Regards Blain.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I installed the suzuki light bar and it didn't come with a relay. It was all plug and play direct into the lighting circuit behind the headlight.

Here's a pic ...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I had the cobra light bar on the C50 i had before the 109, it was plugged in the plug povided behind the headlight, same connection as the 109. wires behind the headlight are the orange and black, orange of course is the positive, do you have the R, or RT?

·
Registered
729 Posts
If the lightbar is the only electrical you're adding to the headlight circuit, it will be fine without a relay. Use a relay if you need more juice to power other things as well. I have added the Cobras to both bikes I have owned. I love the look. :bigthumbsup:

·
Registered
332 Posts
I installed the suzuki light bar and it didn't come with a relay. It was all plug and play direct into the lighting circuit behind the headlight.
Smokey is right. There is already an accessory circuit in the headlight intended for a light bar. If you crack open the headlight bucket you will see an empty connector, use it. It already has a 10 amp fuse under the seat. This fuse is attached to the side of the main fuse block. If I remember correctly it is even marked accessory.

·
Registered
115 Posts
looks good:bigthumbsup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts