M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Cobra Swept Exhaust & FI2000R. Where is the best place to position the fi2000r once connected? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
just tuck it in near the front of battery box and fuse box thats where mine is

·
Registered
131 Posts
pipes

Let the dealer do it they are good at making it run correct no light comes on and you can blame them if they mess up. everyone i know has the FI light come on and dont go out. take it to the dealer pay the little extra money for it to be done right.:congrats:

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wrapped my in foam ( to help isolate vibration ) and put it next to the battery in the tool pouch compartment . I took the tool pouch out , its not very useful . Very accessible to make adjustments if you need to .

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
22,855 Posts
Mine is in front of the battery box on the left side, just tucked in. Easy to pull out and adjust.

If you install the exhaust yourself, read some threads on here about being careful with the SET valve actuator. The new exhaust should come with a replacement cam and you need to remove the cam from the actuator. To keep from stripping the gears inside the actuator, which will set an FI light, it's very important that you hold both the old and new cam with a large pair of pliers while you loosen or tighten the allen bolt that holds it. If you do strip it you can pull a wire off the ECU to disable it.

·
Radio Active Member
27,665 Posts
I keep my FI2000R in my glove box. I would pull the wire out of the ECM instead of putting the SET back on.

A late :congrats: and :welcome: to the forum also. :bigthumbsup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts