M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to this website and this is my first time posting. I purchased my m109r a couple of weeks ago and I'm still in the process of breaking it in (600) miles. I would like to install the Cobra dragsters with the FI 2000R. My concern is with the Acuator Solenoid on the mufflers that controls the back pressure. For anyone that has installed the COBRA system, have you noticed any difference or loss of performace with the aftermarket exhasut? I don't want to sacrifce perfromance for sound. Also, I have been reading on the site about the JSD-3m, does it really work and make a difference.

One other question... I have always installed Vance and Hines exhaust system because I think the quality is top notch. I have never haerd or seen COBRA's pipes. For anyone that has used or seen both, how would you say the compare.

This site is great and I love all the information and answers to my questions.

Ride to live and live to ride... peace out!

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Dragsters and FI2000 --- I'm no help here, don't have or plan on having either.

JSD-3M -- If you read the posts on this one you'll already know that 90%+ of the people who have it think its better than sliced bread. It will certainly give you the most performance gain for the money in the lower gears and many people say it will make the bike run smoother also.

Also, most of those here that have changed to Amsoil MC specific oils and lubes at their 600 mile service seem to feel that their bikes run smoother and better because of it. There's a guy on the forums named OilDoc that can help you out with getting the oil, gear lube and filters for an oil change, although I've not seen him post anything in quite a while.

Take care, Ride Strong! and :welcome: :welcome:

Dalton

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DaltonH - Did you install the JSD-3m?

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have Cobra Dragsters and the FI2000 on my 2006, and i havent noticed a loss in performance but i have noticed a slight loss in MPG. But that might be because of always getting into the throttle. I went to a rally last weekend and my friend went with me. He said that not only was i REALLY loud but that he could actually feel the exhuast comming out. im getting the JSD-3M this week. ill keep you up to date on what i find out.

Viper

·
Registered
721 Posts
JSD-3M

Installed it last weekend....

It's a good buy... Smooths out things well, and wakes up 1-3 gears considerably :bigthumbsup:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts