M109 Rider Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me first say that I couldn't have picked a worst day to dyno and the numbers reflect that. ::) It was raining hard and the air was thick but all in all I'm still happy with these numbers considering. The tuner said I could expect another 5hp to 7hp if it had been a better day and if I could get my air/fuel right it would be even better. It was still in the green but could be better with a Power Commander.

It took eight runs to get the dyno dialed in and printing right so here are the runs.

Run .008 Cobra Dragsters with stock air box and stock settings on FI2000
Max Power= 101.9
Max Torque= 105.7
Running rich from 5400 rpm + or -

Run .009 Cobra Dragsters with stock air box and 0 fuel on 3rd pot of FI2000
Max Power= 104.1
Max Torque= 105.7

This is the weird one. With the chrome cover off I only picked up 1.2hp ::)

Run .010 Cobra Dragsters with stock air box and 0 fuel on 3rd pot of FI2000 and chrome covers off
Max Power= 105.3
Max Torque= 105.7

·
Registered
525 Posts
It's interesting that the Torque was higher than the HP.

G

·
Then I would say the Cobra pipes would probably produce the same as the stock pipes if the weather had been the same.

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HalGreenlee said:
Then I would say the Cobra pipes would probably produce the same as the stock pipes if the weather had been the same.
My torque was up a bit on the Cobra as compaired to the stock even with the thick air. :confused:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Lamonster said:
My torque was up a bit on the Cobra as compaired to the stock even with the thick air. :confused:
When the guy told you that it would be reasonable to expect 5-7 in HP gains, was this also assuming that the torque values would also rise?

·
M109Riders Founder
8,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
300CREW said:
When the guy told you that it would be reasonable to expect 5-7 in HP gains, was this also assuming that the torque values would also rise?
He really didn't say but I expect it would be across the board. If that was the case then we would be about stock in hp and about 10hp+ or - on torque. 8)

·
Registered
260 Posts
any chance someone will be building a 2 into 1 with carbon fiber muffler?
i really love the sound out of of of those mufflers
Bruce

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
thanks for all your work lamont. take the air filters off next time :evil:

·
Registered
43 Posts
My dealer ran the bike in the Dyno and gave me these results 106,3 hk (bhp) and 130,8 Nm (96,47 poundfoot) torque on stock settings

(sorry I don't have a better picture)
//J

G

·
So how can Suzuki say the M109R puts out 127 bhp and 116 lbs. of torque? Did you or had anyone dynoed their bike stock before they added the aftermarket pipes and such? What happens with the SET when you install aftermarket pipes? Just curious. They do look good on that bike.

G

·
Hardly Davidson said:
So how can Suzuki say the M109R puts out 127 bhp and 116 lbs. of torque? Did you or had anyone dynoed their bike stock before they added the aftermarket pipes and such? What happens with the SET when you install aftermarket pipes? Just curious. They do look good on that bike.
http://www.m109riders.com/forum/index.php?topic=1136.0

The ambient conditions are a big factor on the dyno and making HP. Here in the desert we get to make a lot of Ponies. I think Lamont is Tennesee, and that air back there is heavy and thick.

Anyway, Suzuki is right on with there numbers.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.