M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)
My First Posting.

I just installed the Cobra Dragsters this Weekend.  I love them.  I am running them without the baffles.  The bike's power feels great through the entire RPM range.   

Question:  do I have to use a power commander or a Cobra F2000 tlo run these pipes?  Anyone running these without the fuel injection modifications?

·
Registered
898 Posts
Bought my bike last Sat. The dealer put the dragsters on before the bike was ever cranked.  No other mods were done to my knowledge.  So if I have a problem, they have a problem  :D

khrome

G

·
Have you seen the Cobra speedster slashdown long pipes? I'm wondering about performance between these and the dragsters.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek:

I have tried almost every baffle modification technique. I welded another baffle tube within the existing, wrapping the baffle with high temp exhaust glass, the washer technique, etc... These pipes are simply made for the loud crowd. I love'm. I just want the option to cruise early in the morning to work without annoying the entire state.

Anyone know of any other company that has a baffle core to quiet these pipes a bit?

:evil:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I believe there was a post about putting the baffles in backwards on the cobras mellowed the sound a little.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
for 2-2 drag pipes the way to go is thunder monster baffles. actually more of a torque cone than baffle. Ran them on my 03' Sabre I traded for this beast and they were the only baffle that did not make the pipe sound tinny or metallic. just need to know the inside diameter of your pipes before you order. they send you a free t-shirt with your order too. www.bigcitythunder.com.

·
Registered
50 Posts
The only thing I was warned on, was to go have my bike put on the dyno because of the possibility of the bike running a little rich and having to watch the temperature . I can't believe how thunderous the pipes are. The dragsters are awsome.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I emailed Cobra about other baffles they might offer for the dragsters to quiet them down some. They replied:

We don't have alternative baffles for your Dragsters but:

"You can take the baffles out and wrap the cores with more packing. The more you get around them and the tighter you make it the quieter the sound will be to a point."

Guys what do they mean by that? Is there a post showing this?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I installed Cobra dragsters, and A FI2000r.

I followed the directions for both. Everything is running fine... I find the bike at the current settings of 2,3,0, not quit as crisp in lower RPMS as before... However Higher RPMS and sheer speed after 70 miles MPH is insane... AND Freakin Loud :yikes:

My Harley buddies I ride with all running straight shot V/H, and were :bow: :bow: Because of the sound and performance... They want to Know where I fill up with the Rice Ethanol :a20:

However I now have the infamous FI light problem... checked and double checked connections, refresh battery, to no avail...

Does the FI warning light monitor anything else besides the S.E.T. solenoid? Or can I just go ahead and disable the wire a the harness...

·
Registered
448 Posts
Killer info guys, I just ordered the dragsters &FI200R yesterday, now I have a good baseline to set the FI2000R to, can't wait.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts