M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone chromed thier 9'er wheels yet. I'm Jonesing for a pic of chrome wheels on a stock bike.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I HAD MY WHEELS AND REAR DIFFERENTIAL CHROMED. FINAL PRODUCT IS AWESOME. IT TOOK 9 WEEKS FOR THE DEALER TO GET ALL OF THE PARTS BACK, 13 WEEKS TO GET THE COMPLETE JOB DONE. I HAD THE DEALER IN LONGWOOD FLORIDA TEAR THE BIKE DOWN, STORE IT, SHIP THE PART OUT ETC. ALL PARTS WERE SHIPPED TO A RE-PLATER IN CALIF. WORD TO THE WISE IF YOU HAVE THE REAR DIFF POLISHED IT WILL TAKE LESS TIME. MY ENTIRE DIFF HAD TO BE REBUILT THE RE PLATER BUTCHERED IT TEARING IT APART. DEALER ATE THE REBUILD COST.

·
Registered
2 Posts
IT COST ME $650.00 TO HAVE MY WHEELS & REAR DIFF STRIPPED, DIPPED AND CHROMED. TOTAL COST OF JOB INCLUDING LABOR & STORAGE ETC WAS $1211.00

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
earlthack said:
IT COST ME $650.00 TO HAVE MY WHEELS & REAR DIFF STRIPPED, DIPPED AND CHROMED. TOTAL COST OF JOB INCLUDING LABOR & STORAGE ETC WAS $1211.00
Who did the chrome job? Hearing Cali makes me think of Classic Crap-ponents.....

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Must lead a sheltered life if he hasn't seen chrome 9 wheels yet. :dontknow:

·
Registered
126 Posts
LE Thumper said:
Must lead a sheltered life if he hasn't seen chrome 9 wheels yet. :dontknow:
:agree:
I did an exchange with a local dealer. About $1100 with install. Down time - 4 hours.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Damn that looks sweet,but I just can't stand for my bike to be down this time of year.Have to wait for winter.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts