M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see some have had to replace the clutch already
why?
is there a common thing u guys are doing that is causing this ?
like did u just change oil and if not then what kind was u using at the time?
u just do long burnouts?
or are these just bad ones from factory?

thanks Bruce

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Veeha, I think mine was first to go. I insulted it severely with improper burnout technique! I smoked it in 20 minutes....
That being said there is a something floating around about loose nuts on the basket??? I dont know much about clutches so I cannot elaborate.
I can remember it being mentined twice.

I do not think there is a "clutch issue"

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Mine was the other. They said mine was a faulty pressure plate. Said that there were bolts that had broke loose and were causing the problem. Said they'd fix it under warranty! Still waiting for it to get done however.

·
Registered
4,515 Posts
Josh, What tripped you to a problem, did it just give out or was it making a funny noise? i ask cause mine sounds like loose vale slap in a small block Chevy in neutral with the clutch out and quiets when engaged. Is this a normal sound from these bikes?

·
Registered
122 Posts
MY BIKE SOUNDS THE SAME WAY, RATTLES WHEN IN NUTRAL (CLUTCH OUT) AND QUIET WHEN YOU PULL THE CLUTCH IN . BUT IT IS NOT REAL ''NOISEY'' AND I DONT THINK IT IS ANYTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. IT SOUNDED THIS WAY SINCE NEW.

·
Registered
21 Posts
When I purchase my 109 the saleman warned me about the sound. He had already had his 109 for a while and stated that the slipper clutch has a distict sound. Nothing to worry about I hope.

·
Registered
666 Posts
my bike does the same thing i called my dealer and talked to the shop and they said it's ok that it will go away in time something about the teeth needing to set??? :eek:

·
Registered
42 Posts
IEdwards44 said:
When I purchase my 109 the saleman warned me about the sound. He had already had his 109 for a while and stated that the slipper clutch has a distict sound. Nothing to worry about I hope.
I'm pretty sure it is not a slipper clutch. It would be really nice if it was......

·
Registered
752 Posts
Your salesman needs to learn his product. It is not a slipper clutch. They just barely put a slipper clutch on the new GSX-R 750.

G

·
Its not a slipper clutch. Several times I have run the RPM up in 3rd or 4th and then downshifted a gear and let the clutch out with no throttle to get my body thrown forward and a feeling like the rear tire is locked and sliding.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Latinrascal said:
Josh, What tripped you to a problem, did it just give out or was it making a funny noise? i ask cause mine sounds like loose vale slap in a small block Chevy in neutral with the clutch out and quiets when engaged. Is this a normal sound from these bikes?
Honestly I was riding in a parade when it happened. However I had only been riding 10-15 min MAX! I let out on the clutch and heard some clanking, not normal! I was able to baby the bike through the rest of the parade, but the clutch wouldn't ever engage fully and would not even start to engage till the clutch was fully released. They are now telling me that the part they need is on back order till JULY 28!! NO WAY! NOT HAPPENING!! They have 2 brand new bikes there that haven't had a serious inquiry on them, I'm the only one they've sold!! Next week I'll talk to the owner and have them get me a whole new clutch off one of these and replace it when the new one is available!! I already purchased mine, I come first!! :verymad:

I feel a little better now...

·
Registered
443 Posts
Gentlemen, you need to call Suzuki's customer service about this issue. They need to here from us. If there is a legitimate problem, it needs to be addressed. So far, mine is OK. We'll see.

G

·
I'm kind of new at the whole bike under warranty thing. I took my bike in and told them I was having some clutch issues and if they could look at it. They told me its me and to give it some more time and come back if I'm still having an issue (It is me ::) but I still want them to look at the baskit and fix it if its loose.) Who pays the bill when its under warranty and is it hard for the dealer to get the $$ back from Suzuki? I know where I work we pay are 3rd parties fast and a lot of $$ for each box they work on, so they jump at the chance to look at any little thing they can regardless if its a real issue or not.

G

·
Thread Number 6 on this.

Moderator for the Love!!!

I am sick and tired of hearing about this Phantom Clutch Problem.

All you guys with this terrible problem post some damn pictures of your service bills or maybe a video of the bike doing it.

Sheet I am tired of hearing you all whine.

Get over yourselves.

Buy a Damn Harley. Take your lumps and sell the Damn Thing.

TAZ

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
This starting to sound like the guys over on ZZR1200 forum few years back. The ZZR did have some Cam issues and less than three months just about every owner had cam problems. I don't think Kawi fixed many if any, even the ones that did have the problem

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
raw_taz said:
Thread Number 6 on this.

All you guys with this terrible problem post some damn pictures of your service bills or maybe a video of the bike doing it.

Get over yourselves.

Buy a Damn Harley. Take your lumps and sell the Damn Thing.

TAZ
Unfortunately TAZ This is a REAL problem and we aren't just whining about it. There have been several threads started yes, but just like every other topic. Just cause you haven't had this problem doesn't mean others arent. Cut'em a little slack. :doorag:

·
Registered
209 Posts
raw_taz said:
Thread Number 6 on this.

Get over yourselves.

Buy a Damn Harley. Take your lumps and sell the Damn Thing.

TAZ
Funny thing is you have made a post in almost all of them lol. If you dont want to hear about clutch problems then dont read the posts. You sound like my old lady ::)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts