M109 Rider Forums banner
61 - 63 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Here is what I am talking about with the slave. Yours has to be putting pressure on the rod from your angle. This is how ours looks after install and there are no issues because it is clamped in and vertical.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive exhaust Rim

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Here is what I am talking about with the slave. Yours has to be putting pressure on the rod from your angle. This is how ours looks after install and there are no issues because it is clamped in and vertical. View attachment 420050
Thanks for this interesting picture, bigpapaXCT (y).

When starting to investigate on my clutch setup a few months ago, I saw that a new slave cylinder design was available, coming with a vertical orientation and not a little angled like my one (probably they have improved its design over time).

Where is this new slave cylinder type available from? Does it come also with the clamp in the picture, or was it added later by you to better secure the slave in position? I tried to achieve this with my slave by using some plastic ties, but obviously a solid metal clamp is better at that.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thanks for this interesting picture, bigpapaXCT (y).

When starting to investigate on my clutch setup a few months ago, I saw that a new slave cylinder design was available, coming with a vertical orientation and not a little angled like my one (probably they have improved its design over time).

Where is this new slave cylinder type available from? Does it come also with the clamp in the picture, or was it added later by you to better secure the slave in position? I tried to achieve this with my slave by using some plastic ties, but obviously a solid metal clamp is better at that.
This is the Australian hydraulic clutch that I am the distributor for in the U.S. he doesn’t sell any parts, only the full kit. It comes with the slave and that bracket. I came up with that bracket when we had similar issues to what you were describing. It was nearly impossible to tighten down the banjo bolt without bending the rod. The original Revo ones were mostly similar to your slave, where they are angled. We saw many like that, which is why revo did a full redesign some years later and it is much better. That is why I wanted to post the pic up as I believe that is more than likely your problem in the clutch lever feel.

61 - 63 of 63 Posts