M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, i have recently bought a 2007 M109R.
The clutch action in first is awfull, at anything above idle it feels like it is trying to hop along and makes you look like a complete idiot.
I have heard that if you replace a plate and wavey washer in clutch this will solve the problem. The clutch everwhere else in the range is fine. It is just when you try to pull away that this happens, i have tried warming up pulling clutch in several times etc before moving away and all no good. this can happen even when you have been riding for an hour or so.
Could someone please shed some light on this issues and if possible supply the part numbers so i can get them ordered and replaced in my bike. Also does anyone have a copy of the manual at all as a pdf file or the like.
Thanks
Nathan

·
Registered
547 Posts
The search button will work fine and bring up around 30 pages if you put in the title you came up with. Clutch Shutter

·
Registered
3,719 Posts
There are many threads on clutch related problems and looking them over would probably inform you for the better, but there isn't any one solution for for every problem. If I had just bought a used 109 and had what you describe I would change the oil to something I know was wet clutch suitable,check all my clutch adjustments and give it a few hundred miles. If it didn't clear up I would disassemble the clutch for a complete inspection knowing it is likely I will have to replace the plates. Clutch plates (fiber) have to be soaked in oil overnight before they are used. Buy a manual...it's the cheapest tool you can get.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey,,,if you experience this shudder when you first start to release your clutch,,, i had the same problem,,, i change the wave washer and seat in my clutch and cured my problem, and it's the only thing i did,,,parts are # 12 and 13 and part #s are "seat 21471-48G00 washer 21472_48G00,,,,the new parts are thicker than the original ,,,,hope this help,,,,

1 - 4 of 4 Posts