M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well it started at the end of the season last year with the clutch shudder and this spring so i took it to my brother in-law he tore it apart friday nite what what a suprise we got ,,,,, the springs on the back side of the center hub were loose and some of the springs actual had been flattend out in spots the leading edge of the spring instead of beeing round was flattened out as well also the spings came out of the holders they sit in so far that they actually scored the inside back part of the outer hub and because of all that it damagedthe fiber and metal plates of the clutch and they all have to be replace this sucks,,,,,,,,, if any of you want a kick ass machanic let me now my brother in law is opening up his shop at the beginning of may some time

·
Registered
75 Posts
clutch

Ya didn't like the sound of mine either with the same shudder and always shifted hard right from new. Had Alberta Cycle pull mine in early '09 and put a Cycle House performance clutch in, what a difference! Shifts smooth as silk now.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
he is west of edmonton at stony plain he does bike quads etc. doesnt matter if it is 1975 or 2010 he works on them all will keep you all posted on exactly what day in may he will be opening his shop very good rates as well

·
Registered
199 Posts
I must say I sure am glad I got ahold of the Suzuki Rep when I did and got them to fix the shudder problem N/C...haven't had any sign of the shudder coming back!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
I must say I sure am glad I got ahold of the Suzuki Rep when I did and got them to fix the shudder problem N/C...haven't had any sign of the shudder coming back!!
What did they do to fix it though?

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
well it started at the end of the season last year with the clutch shudder and this spring so i took it to my brother in-law he tore it apart friday nite what what a suprise we got ,,,,, the springs on the back side of the center hub were loose and some of the springs actual had been flattend out in spots the leading edge of the spring instead of beeing round was flattened out as well also the spings came out of the holders they sit in so far that they actually scored the inside back part of the outer hub and because of all that it damagedthe fiber and metal plates of the clutch and they all have to be replace this sucks,,,,,,,,, if any of you want a kick ass machanic let me now my brother in law is opening up his shop at the beginning of may some time
hopefully not to expensive!!!

·
Registered
199 Posts
Hey Rusty...they changed the springs and the plates I guess the springs were the biggest problem Earl was telling me, he's the rep from Suzuki. He said there were a few of the bikes fitted with the inferior springs but there were so few they didn't know which bikes they were put in so they just waited until the owners came forward. Personally I think that's a crock of sh*t but worked for me...cost me nothing.

I haven't riden it really hard yet but I'm sure it's good and fixed now...hard to giver with my Newbie:p...my wife is loving her 08 M50 so far.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Hey Rusty...they changed the springs and the plates I guess the springs were the biggest problem Earl was telling me, he's the rep from Suzuki. He said there were a few of the bikes fitted with the inferior springs but there were so few they didn't know which bikes they were put in so they just waited until the owners came forward. Personally I think that's a crock of sh*t but worked for me...cost me nothing.

I haven't riden it really hard yet but I'm sure it's good and fixed now...hard to giver with my Newbie:p...my wife is loving her 08 M50 so far.
Cool, will keep that in mind. Mine isn't real bad. Seems like mostly when cold but once in a long while when hot too. Maybe a project for this fall or something.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts