M109 Rider Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,942 Posts
This will be 1st clutch replacement, been through 2 clutch cables, almost have 40k miles, plates had to pryed apart, look burnt, I can post a pic later...
Hmm, then your first post is very confusing indeed or I am reading it wrong.

Replacing clutch plates 2008 M109R, should I go with hyper clutch or stock? It came with the hyper set but is it worth the 500 bucks to replace with same?
Not sure how to interperate that statement except that the clutch has been changed once before, because it sounds like you are saying it came with a 6 stack (Hyper) clutch when you bought it.
The 2008 did not come from factory with a 6 stack (Hyper) clutch. It has a 5 stack clutch, so if you have the 6 stack (Hyper) clutch in it now, then the clutch has been changed before.

Anyway, now we know......I think. :)

BCS
LGB/FJB

· Registered
2008 M109R
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Hmm, then your first post is very confusing indeed or I am reading it wrong.

Not sure how to interperate that statement except that the clutch has been changed once before, because it sounds like you are saying it came with a 6 stack (Hyper) clutch when you bought it.
The 2008 did not come from factory with a 6 stack (Hyper) clutch. It has a 5 stack clutch, so if you have the 6 stack (Hyper) clutch in it now, then the clutch has been changed before.

Anyway, now we know......I think. :)

BCS
LGB/FJB
Sorry, ya the dealership installed 6stack and a few other upgrades when they received the bike new.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts