M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new. I have searched on this site regarding the clutch, I just don't see any descriptions quite like what's going on w/ my 07.

I just bought it first off. 2007 w/ 4500 miles. The clutch has more than an inch of free play in the lever if measured at the bar end. When you get on the throttle, the clutch lever lurches forward and seems to have little to no free play when under mild or heavy throttle. Is this normal?

I'm sure this has been asked before, sorry this might be a repost. But I did try to search!

Thank you.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I might be wrong but it sounds like it's out of adjustment and should be adjusted to be about 2 quarters distance with the knurled adjuster, can't imagine why someone would have it out that far.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,090 Posts
I mentioned in draggin61's link about moving the cable. This will help a bunch with the amount of pull the engine places on the cable under acceleration.

You can reroute it two ways, either unhook it at the top, tie a heavy string around the barrel, pull it down and out from under the engine, then pull it back up with the string. Or unhook it at the rear and just pull it forward.

Here's how you need to route it. The way it is stock, the cable is routed under the engine and the engine rocks forward and pulls on the cable. There is a motor mount under the engine that you can't see in the picture that the cable goes under. this is on the left side of the bike, under the coolant reservoir.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts