M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The clutch manufacturer called me this morning. Seems that my clutch with 11,000 miles is showing minimal wear.

So what problems have we really seen on the clutch on other bikes?

The clutch springs on the M109 are rated at 63 pounds each. He is sending a set that will have 80 pounds each but he is a little worried about the ability to pull the clutch lever since its cable actuated. Option is to mix 3 old springs and 3 new to make it a little easier.

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
Lamonster said:
I have another option for an easyer pulling clutch but I need my bike back to try it. ::)
Got to be tough waiting for custom paint....
This is when it would be OK to rain a few days right??

Sledzep

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
I personally think the clutch issues some have reported (not all mind you) are due to people putting the wrong kind of oil in thier bikes and glazing the clutch plates and just not having the stones to fess up in public that they made a HUGE and costly goof.

Those who have broken cables, screws falling out of their clutches and I think I heard one with a broken spring would be those with smaller allocations of luck and karma and my full condolences for thier difficulties.

·
Registered
134 Posts
:confused: I wonder about the cable adjustment, I know I keep my adjustment out near the edge, so I can just fan it to shift. If you bump the clutch lever it sound like the clutch slips a little. Just an observation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts