M109 Rider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every big bump in the road makes my clutch lever rattle around like crazy. It'd be nice if there was a bearing upgrade kit to keep it from rattling up and down and only allow it move in and out..... the way it was designed ::)

·
Registered
122 Posts
I HAVE NOTICED THIS ALSO. ONLY RATTLE I CAN HEAR IT WOULD BE NICE TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM. HAS ANYONE NOTICED THAT WHILE CRUISING IN GEAR AND FINGERS ON LEAVER QUICK ON AND OFF THE THROTTLE I CAN FEEL THE CLUTCH LEAVER MOVE IN AND OUT SLIGHTLY. IS THIS NORMAL?

·
Registered
898 Posts
I can see right now you guys need aftermarket pipes with the baffles removed ... Never heard mine rattle once  ;)

khrome

·
Registered
151 Posts
Jeez---bubble gum? how 'bout a nylon washer from any good h/ware store?(Mine's stock and I haven't experienced this at all)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I think if you adjust the lever out away from the bar that it will press against the rubber boot/cover and won't rattle. Mine does not and it's adjusted out far. I think the freeplay is not up and down but back and forth.

JMO Check it out it might be the problem.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I had the same problem and adjusted the slack out of the lever so it would not be so loose. I did not adjust it to the point that the lever was forced up to its stop just near it. NO MORE SOUND! :bigthumbsup: :doorag:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts