M109 Rider Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DO anybody have this problem, when u pull the clutch handle do it hit the yellow button that flashes the high beams. If so please tell me how to fix it.

·
Registered
5,944 Posts
I had that problem. If I remember correctly, I just turned the clutch down/forward a little.
Yup, loosen the bolts and twist it forward a bit. Do the same for the brake lever so they are symmetrical.

·
Radio Active Member
2007 Candy Sonoma Red
23,096 Posts
Did you rotate your bars up, then adjust the clutch mount to level it again? That's how this happens to most of us.

If you like the clutch where it is, remove the bolts from the control unit, grind off the nub on the bottom half of the control housing, and reinstall it. It's aluminum and you can remove it with a file. The nub is there to position the controls on the bar, but you don't have to have it there.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
Did you rotate your bars up, then adjust the clutch mount to level it again? That's how this happens to most of us.

If you like the clutch where it is, remove the bolts from the control unit, grind off the nub on the bottom half of the control housing, and reinstall it. It's aluminum and you can remove it with a file. The nub is there to position the controls on the bar, but you don't have to have it there.
:agree: thats what mine did!!

·
Registered
6,402 Posts
Thanks I will try it. Will it move the mirrors a little or should I move the box that the button is in ( horn box).
You move the perch where the mirrors bolt into. The box with the button has a nipple on it that locks into the handlebar. You would need to grind that off to be able to rotate it.

·
Registered
317 Posts

I did it on my bike because there were positioned HI and I got tennis elbow or muscle spasm.
Now after I lower it is easier to squeeze and more natural

I had that problem. If I remember correctly, I just turned the clutch down/forward a little.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.